• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I read through most of amendment 9 and saw a few things that I liked, but a lot of crap that I really hope will kill that amendment (and the bill). 8x10 Gunbuster signs, that hold force of law, immediate disclosure to LEOs required, training requirements, no carry on college campuses, no state pre-emption, etc., etc., etc., all suck. Although I thought I saw that the bill started out as a "concealed carry" bill but had wording in it that said "concealed, partially concealed, or in any other manner" which if I read correctly meant OC was OK!

I hope they keep trying to fill the bill with BS and they keep failing to pass it. I want to be able to visit my family with Constitutional carry.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I read through most of amendment 9 and saw a few things that I liked, but a lot of crap that I really hope will kill that amendment (and the bill). 8x10 Gunbuster signs, that hold force of law, immediate disclosure to LEOs required, training requirements, no carry on college campuses, no state pre-emption, etc., etc., etc., all suck. Although I thought I saw that the bill started out as a "concealed carry" bill but had wording in it that said "concealed, partially concealed, or in any other manner" which if I read correctly meant OC was OK!

I hope they keep trying to fill the bill with BS and they keep failing to pass it. I want to be able to visit my family with Constitutional carry.

That would be grand.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I listened to about 30 minutes of debate before the vote took place and I'm afraid even the pro-2A legislators don't have the stones to let it get to constitutional carry. Phelps, the chief sponsor of the bill was saying Constitutional carry would be the "Wild West."

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I listened to about 30 minutes of debate before the vote took place and I'm afraid even the pro-2A legislators don't have the stones to let it get to constitutional carry. Phelps, the chief sponsor of the bill was saying Constitutional carry would be the "Wild West."

That's why defaulting to Constitutional carry in Illinois would be so great. When there is no wild west and crime rates go down, good for our side.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    That's why defaulting to Constitutional carry in Illinois would be so great. When there is no wild west and crime rates go down, good for our side.

I agree it would be a great thing. Crap, it would be a great thing in Indiana. My point merely was, I don't think the pro-carry members in the legislature in IL have the guts to stand on either forcing a good carry bill or letting constitutional carry happen. My guess is they will wait another few weeks and then a VERY strict shall-issue bill will be passed. Think expensive licensing, even more training , a longer list of off-limits places and I wouldn't be surprised if any reciprocity or non-resident permitting gets stripped out.

The other scenario I see as also plausible is that they pass a pretty good shall issue bill, but leave home rule in place, meaning Chicago and Cook County (the county Chicago's in) would not be bound by the state law, and could craft their own may-issue law (like NYC does) or roll the dice with the courts by keeping the prohibition in place. If they passed this, they would only need simple majorities (which they have) instead of the 2/3 majority to override home rule, which they are currently 7 votes shy of.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Realize that even if there is a 'Constitutional carry' default in Illinois the politicians can enact a carry law AFTER the default date in June.

Just because they get the dream law does not mean they will keep it.

After all, when this nation was founded we got a Republic, sadly it has devolved to a Democracy.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    The NRA should start an advertisement on all Chicago channels so when criminals watch TV, they will know potentially anyone they try to mug on the street and potentially any home they try to attack, there might be a gun waiting for them.

Top Bottom