• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Fine. Let them screw around with bureaucracy and default to Constitutional Carry. Fine by me.

As for the "wild west", it was way more dangerous to be an outlaw there than it currently is in Chicago. :dunno:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Let's keep our expectations realistic... They'll enact something more restrictive prior to the Court's deadline than what was voted down today. This is Illinois we're talking about, folks.

Last edited:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    The one Rep was saying that without this bill, they'd have "the Wild West" in Constitutional Carry. Looks like they want to find out, and honestly, I think that's a good idea. Let them find out that it reduces crime. If it can do it in Chicago, it can do it everywhere, and the antis will have no more arguments to use against us.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill
    You're assuming they will go by the facts and not make up their own facts.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Seeing the only state that still completely violates carry rights be forced into Constitutional Carry would be hilarious and quite entertaining. Why can't all the pro-2A legislators just vote no on any other proposals and wait for it to set in and have sweet vengeance?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Anyone note the mention of a non-resident license? (line 19)

Does that mean IL would issue a non-res license or what?

p.s. is this bill totally dead now?

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Think about this... Suppose a more restrictive concealed carry bill comes to a vote. Is it possible that those who oppose the restrictions could force Constitutional carry by opposing it?

KevinJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    I'd kinda like to see the sec of states or a few governors declare a travel advisory for Chicago. Just to see a few leftists heads explode.:)

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Anyone note the mention of a non-resident license? (line 19)

Does that mean IL would issue a non-res license or what?

p.s. is this bill totally dead now?

There have been several versions of the bill, the origional version included a non-resident permit to be offered. As far as I know this is still in the bill. The bill was pulled before the final vote tally so is still alive and can still be voted on again.
    The idea all along has been either a "good" bill or block any Bad" bill including "may issue." June 9th is still on the way, many of us really wanted HB997 but I will be carrying on my FOID card June 9th. Jim.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    There have been several versions of the bill, the origional version included a non-resident permit to be offered. As far as I know this is still in the bill. The bill was pulled before the final vote tally so is still alive and can still be voted on again.
    The idea all along has been either a "good" bill or block any Bad" bill including "may issue." June 9th is still on the way, many of us really wanted HB997 but I will be carrying on my FOID card June 9th. Jim.

SWEET. "Just say no" to "may issue". :rockwoot:

Top Bottom