• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I could careless about what color a gun is. If it performs its purpose well then I am probably going to like it. I think the designer guns are a thing to atract children and women to the sport and if thats what it takes I say go for it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think "traditional" might be the best term. I like the combination of blue, wood, and brass best. I guess it's just a matter of taste.:)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Because you might lose your man license?:):

I don't define my masculinity based on the color of my rifle. Frankly, I couldn't care less what other people think of the color of my rifle either. For example, I built a red and black 10/22 that I happen to think looks pretty nice. My wife's building a purple 10/22 that's shaping up to be a pretty sharp rifle, too, and I'm looking forward to shooting that as well. If you don't want to go near it because you think it's not "manly" enough, well, that's your hangup, not mine. :)

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I don't define my masculinity based on the color of my rifle. Frankly, I couldn't care less what other people think of the color of my rifle either. For example, I built a red and black 10/22 that I happen to think looks pretty nice. My wife's building a purple 10/22 that's shaping up to be a pretty sharp rifle, too, and I'm looking forward to shooting that as well. If you don't want to go near it because you think it's not "manly" enough, well, that's your hangup, not mine. :)
    Got any pics?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Got any pics?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/108934-two_years_and_it_s_finally_done.html

2j0cyli.jpg

2aahaau.jpg

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    just curious doe`s it bother anyone else when you walk into a gun shop and see rows of guns in pink,purple ,blue and all sorts of designer colors?

jmo but i want my gun gun to look menacing and scare people lol

:dunno:

:patriot: semper fi :ingo:

:ar15:

I must admit I like theese guns better than the fools I have seen with the Pink,Purple,blue and all sorts of designer color Hair with their pants down around there damn knees trying to buy theese designer guns ..:ingo::patriot:

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'm a fan of all colors. (But mine are all black... :D )

But why don't they make them in a faded steel color? I think that'd be a very cool finish.

crawfish

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    south indy
    I don't mind........ my wife is looking at getting a pink .380 ruger she seen the other day. Now if your gonna put rinestones and glitter on it like the cell phone my 13 yr old daughter has I might have to draw the line.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It doesn't bother me one bit. I prefer blue/parkerized steel and walnut/black stocks but if others want to shoot brightly colored guns more power to em! Just as long as they get out and shoot and support the gun community. :yesway:

cranduit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Colors are fine for people who want them, but I always seem to notice you can't really get Glocks or M&Ps or stock Remingtons or Rugers in these colors, so it's most likely a very small market they are trying to get anyway since black and chrome and recently olive drab or FDE are more what everyone sells.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I competed with match rifle on a stock that was painted Ferrari Red. The red paint was a durable way to hide the fiberglass and bondo that was used to build the stock up to the desired shape for a prone 1000 yard rifle. the It was easy to find on a rack. My M1a supermatch was Marine corps camo, because that is what was in stock when I wanted to buy a super match. But most everything I have is black or stainless, some are two tone, black AND stainless.

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Colors are fine for people who want them, but I always seem to notice you can't really get Glocks or M&Ps or stock Remingtons or Rugers in these colors, so it's most likely a very small market they are trying to get anyway since black and chrome and recently olive drab or FDE are more what everyone sells.

Spraypaint is cheap. Quickly make a designer Glock.
    An inexpensive mod.

Thanks

Mark

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I figure that if you don't like it, don't buy it and don't shoot it. If you think the color of something has to do with manhood, maybe you should stop trying to compensate for whatever your hangups are...if a hot pink gun functions properly, does the color really mean anything other than some people probably won't buy it?

Top Bottom