I'm beginning to think that Adam Shiff has done us a big favor.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "The president wants you to specifically target his opponents in a corruption investigation and announce that you are doing so to the world."

"що?" "ваш президент - дебіл"

Is that from the transcript of Adam Schiff's testimony, given it's enclosed in quotes?

Edit: Or perhaps Alpo's deposition?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Is that from the transcript of Adam Schiff's testimony, given it's enclosed in quotes?

Edit: Or perhaps Alpo's deposition?

So many colors. Were you deprived of Crayolas as a young lad?

rudy-giuliani.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "The president wants you to specifically target his opponents in a corruption investigation and announce that you are doing so to the world."

"що?" "ваш президент - дебіл"

That's close enough to Russian for me to understand. ;)

What Vindman did was more akin to "Hey, I'm not here to help you decide whether to investigate US citizens, but staying out of US partisan politics is usually a good idea."

But, the military aid is absolutely in his job description.

BTW, Ukraine also isn't a member of the EU, but the EU ambassador seems to have taken a bigger role than the ACTUAL AMBASSADOR TO UKRAINE!

While not impeachable, that's just another bad idea.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    He said that he was not a political operative, so he didn't know all the implications of the request for investigation, but it is good advice to stay out of American politics.

I find it interesting that you think that asking the Ukrainians to get to the bottom of some obviously corrupt dealings involving a Ukrainian company and certain US citizens is somehow equivalent to meddling in US politics.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So much disapproval. Were you deprived of the right to form your own opinions as a young lad

Dont waste your time. It’s always the same. Say something stupid, get proved wrong, don’t comment on what proved him wrong but personally attack, then when you ask for a answer to what proved him wrong... IGNORED

Lol straight out of the leftist playbook.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I find it interesting that you think that asking the Ukrainians to get to the bottom of some obviously corrupt dealings involving a Ukrainian company and certain US citizens is somehow equivalent to meddling in US politics.

Oh - I didn't realize that was the issue.

I think Trump was (or would have been) totally justified in asking for an investigation of the Bidens.*

But, the blinders have to be pretty narrow for you to not see that as getting involved in US politics. :D

* Asking for an announcement of an investigation, without an actual investigation, is just petty.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

From my understanding Yovanovitch was a go-getter when it came to Ukrainian corruption, and that she had made some quite a few enemies. She even criticized the Ukrainian govt for not moving fast enough. And yet, Rudy trashes this chick, and she ends up getting removed. What gives? How do you fight corruption by getting rid of one of the most proactive fighters? Obviously something else was in play.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Dont waste your time. It’s always the same. Say something stupid, get proved wrong, don’t comment on what proved him wrong but personally attack, then when you ask for a answer to what proved him wrong... IGNORED

Lol straight out of the leftist playbook.

I can empathize with him. I've been known to argue from emotion as well as fact (I'm just better at it :))

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    From my understanding Yovanovitch was a go-getter when it came to Ukrainian corruption, and that she had made some quite a few enemies. She even criticized the Ukrainian govt for not moving fast enough. And yet, Rudy trashes this chick, and she ends up getting removed. What gives? How do you fight corruption by getting rid of one of the most proactive fighters? Obviously something else was in play.

Did you miss the part of her testimony where she was forced to admit that she was aware that Hunter Biden's acceptance of appointment to the Burisma board gave the appearance of corruption to others concerned with Ukraine diplomacy but that she raised no concerns about that with her superiors. Do 'real go-getters' on corruption usually wear blinders in Kutworld? Methinks she was playing to keep her current (at the time under consideration) role as ambassador without precluding a role in a future Democrat-lead administration, which seems to me the definition of self-serving

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Did you miss the part of her testimony where she was forced to admit that she was aware that Hunter Biden's acceptance of appointment to the Burisma board gave the appearance of corruption to others concerned with Ukraine diplomacy but that she raised no concerns about that with her superiors. Do 'real go-getters' on corruption usually wear blinders in Kutworld? Methinks she was playing to keep her current (at the time under consideration) role as ambassador without precluding a role in a future Democrat-lead administration, which seems to me the definition of self-serving

I think you're remembering that wrong. Yovanovitch was well aware of the Biden issue well before she took the ambassadorship. In fact, it was brought up during her confirmation hearing; which she had been prepped for by the Obama admin. So given that, it makes one wonder why, if this was so serious, that both GOP controlled houses failed to open an investigation.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Oh - I didn't realize that was the issue.

I think Trump was (or would have been) totally justified in asking for an investigation of the Bidens.*

But, the blinders have to be pretty narrow for you to not see that as getting involved in US politics. :D

* Asking for an announcement of an investigation, without an actual investigation, is just petty.

Not just the Bidens, but anyone who was into the corrupt dealings at Burisma Holdings...which includes politicians and power players from BOTH parties. Read up on Joseph Cofer Black's role and his connections.

The Bidens are just the most obvious because they were so hamfisted in how they did it AND Joe Biden bragged publicly on video about getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired who was investigating the whole situation.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think you're remembering that wrong. Yovanovitch was well aware of the Biden issue well before she took the ambassadorship. In fact, it was brought up during her confirmation hearing; which she had been prepped for by the Obama admin. So given that, it makes one wonder why, if this was so serious, that both GOP controlled houses failed to open an investigation.

It's kind of difficult to believably present oneself as a corruption-busting crime fighter while admitting that the vice president's son's sweetheart deal with a known corrupt corporate entity was the unacknowledged corruption elephant in the room. And that is exactly what she was trying to present herself as

Top Bottom