I'm beginning to think that Adam Shiff has done us a big favor.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sounds more like this place was a piggy bank for just about everybody in dc.

Always follow the money

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not just the Bidens, but anyone who was into the corrupt dealings at Burisma Holdings...which includes politicians and power players from BOTH parties. Read up on Joseph Cofer Black's role and his connections.

The Bidens are just the most obvious because they were so hamfisted in how they did it AND Joe Biden bragged publicly on video about getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired who was investigating the whole situation.

Agreed.

This could easily be a case of Trump trying to do the right thing (for once) but the wrong way (which happens often for him).

That is, if there's probable cause to believe Americans are engaged in corruption abroad, there are domestic laws about that. Do an investigation. If Trump were not a rookie, he would've known that there is a way to accomplish this - EVEN IF THE TARGETS ARE POLITICAL - without making it about him.

But he didn't know those things, so f'd up in terms of optics.

And here we are.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Agreed.

This could easily be a case of Trump trying to do the right thing (for once) but the wrong way (which happens often for him).

That is, if there's probable cause to believe Americans are engaged in corruption abroad, there are domestic laws about that. Do an investigation. If Trump were not a rookie, he would've known that there is a way to accomplish this - EVEN IF THE TARGETS ARE POLITICAL - without making it about him.

But he didn't know those things, so f'd up in terms of optics.

And here we are.
    I think Trump was trying to do the right thing and acted without corrupt intent based on information he was provided with at the time from someone he trusted. It's pretty much no secret that someone was Guliiani.

I believe Guliiani presented the information he gathered to Trump about potential Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election and the Burisma/Biden situation in a convincing manner which then prompted Trump to direct Amb. Sondland and others to "talk to Rudy"

I also believe that Trump sought assurances from the newly elected Ukrainian Leader about committing to looking into matters of potential corrupt acts that may have taken place before fully committing to supporting Zelensky's incoming administration.

Based on all of that no one has been able to convince me without a doubt that Trump acted with corrupt intent.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hopefully the country will benefit from this mess by learning from the president's well intentioned mistakes.

If the president would have cleaned house and started over from scratch with all staffing, none of this would be an issue. Then again none of this deep state stuff would have been exposed as it has.

Gotta find a way to turn over federal employees also. A LOT of them are not really working for the country. They work for their own personal gain.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hopefully the country will benefit from this mess by learning from the president's well intentioned mistakes.

If the president would have cleaned house and started over from scratch with all staffing, none of this would be an issue. Then again none of this deep state stuff would have been exposed as it has.

Gotta find a way to turn over federal employees also. A LOT of them are not really working for the country. They work for their own personal gain.

He did pretty much clean house, of the people that testified I believe only the ambassador could have been fired, and he did, the rest are employees. Even if he had fired all ambassadors on day one, a person already in place would be made interim, so it still would not necessarily be an ally of the President. If he had fired all ambassadors, that would have created unnecessary media firestorm, I think he is doing his best.

Do not forget that many, now known never Trumpers, agreed to serve the administration thinking they would keep status quo or be heroes...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I have not seen anything that has me inclined to believe that his actions were mistakes, nor well-intentioned; as far as with the benefit of the country in mind.

Top Bottom