• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    https://www.yahoo.com/style/guys-6-reasons-for-breaking-up-with-his-girlfriend-102902248168.html

What struck me was the editorializing in the article that his #6 was "narrow-minded." (For those of you who won't read the article, reason #6 is that she won't disclose the number of sexual partners she's had, leading him to believe it is greater than 3, which to him is unacceptable.)

I may not necessarily agree with all of them as they probably wouldn't bother me, but I refuse to call any of them dumb or stupid because he's entitled to define relationship requirements as he sees fit. (Not having a FB account would probably be the top of my list for a potential beau if I were ever to enter the dating scene again. But I digress.)

But back on topic: is asking your current sexual partner for his/her sexual background/habits "narrow-minded?" Is it acceptable? Is it nunyuz?

I don't think I would date someone who wouldn't be honest and forthcoming.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm an open book, and I have a hard time relating to/trusting people who aren't. That being said, I'd rather have someone say they don't want to tell me than lie to me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My opinion doesn't matter since so much of my previous life was documented on VHS and then DVD. Everyone knows!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'd rather that people break up for any reason or no reason at all than to stay together after they have found things that deeply concern them about the person, make babies (married or not) then get divorced and split up a family.

BTW- I can see 2 through 6 as valid reasons to doubt compatibility....and even #1 if the reason is that they are "keeping their options open".

Be that as it may, breaking up by text? Low rent. Granted, the last time I broke up with someone was 26 years ago....​by pager.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    #6 was the narrow-minded one? I would have guessed "rude to cat".

Been a while since I was "on the scene" as well. But, in my book, after dating for a WHOLE 2 months, it is "nunyuz". If it becomes an issue, then you BOTH get to increment by one, and start again. If ya'll are soul-mates, then it likely becomes irrelevant, and potentially humorous (video evidence not withstanding).

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Bobo's a p**** and needs to take a man pill.

And for the record I have a Facebook account..........and 1 friend.

Am I still eligible? :dunno:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    As long as you use the Rule of 3, past partners shouldn't matter! Rule of 3 states: whatever number of past partners she says, multiply by 3. Whatever number past partners he says, DIVIDE by 3. That should get you somewhere in the wheelhouse!

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don't feel that the number of partners in the past should even matter. I feel like anything that happened before two people got together doesn't matter. I don't care if there were 3 or 300. What I would care about is that there is only one from here on out. Everyone has a past.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'd rather that people break up for any reason or no reason at all than to stay together after they have found things that deeply concern them about the person, make babies (married or not) then get divorced and split up a family.

BTW- I can see 2 through 6 as valid reasons to doubt compatibility....and even #1 if the reason is that they are "keeping their options open".

Be that as it may, breaking up by text? Low rent. Granted, the last time I broke up with someone was 26 years ago....​by pager.
    I'm not sure I agree 100% with the breaking up by text.
    These days with dating sites, FB, etc, it's an electronic world many people live in and know little of anything else.

Top Bottom