• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I guess she wasn't the one. I believe when you find the right person the past doesn't matter. Nothing much matters. This Bobo guy was looking for an excuse. When I met my wife I knew instantly she would be with me for the rest of my life. Five minutes after meeting her I asked her to marry me, 5 seconds after asking she said yes. I knew nothing about her. I couldn't care less. When it's the right person nothing matters but the moment, when it's not the right person, I guess you let your cat and Facebook accounts take the blame.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Glad I've been married 35 years, I just couldn't understand the modern dating rituals.:)

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I think we are in the minority.

I think I may be in the minority for having the opinion that someone's sexual history is relevant.

I am recently single and the only part that would be relevant to me about someone I was dating was whether they were bringing any little surprises with them to the relationship. What they have done in their past is exactly that, their past.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I am recently single and the only part that would be relevant to me about someone I was dating was whether they were bringing any little surprises with them to the relationship.
    How you gonna find that out if you don't ask and she doesn't share? I'm not saying everybody has to have the same standard. But there are people here acting like it's a social crime to ask. If I didn't want a ho for a boyfriend, why don't I get to ask?

What they have done in their past is exactly that, their past.
    That ain't what they're saying in the Manson marriage thread.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I always considered it a taboo topic, particularly for women. I've never asked and don't recall ever being asked for a number. I couldn't provide one if I had to, never occurred to me to keep track and I wouldn't expect anyone else to.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    How you gonna find that out if you don't ask and she doesn't share? I'm not saying everybody has to have the same standard. But there are people here acting like it's a social crime to ask. If I didn't want a ho for a boyfriend, why don't I get to ask?

That ain't what they're saying in the Manson marriage thread.
    So if you find find out that hubby lied about the number by one or two, what would you do?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    So if you find find out that hubby lied about the number by one or two, what would you do?
    Lying is a far bigger issue than number. Honesty at least lets me decide whether I want to commit or not. If the number were an issue for me, that's my issue. It's not a judgement or a criticism of him. It's simply an acknowledgement that I don't think we are compatible.

But that's my point. If it does matter to some people, why is it so bad that they ask?

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Lying is a far bigger issue than number. Honesty at least lets me decide whether I want to commit or not. If the number were an issue for me, that's my issue. It's not a judgement or a criticism of him. It's simply an acknowledgement that I don't think we are compatible.

But that's my point. If it does matter to some people, why is it so bad that they ask?
    I agree with ya, but I'm assuming you have a wonderful marriage and a loving husband, would that all change if you found out he had a past that you didn't know about, or if at this point, it wouldn't matter.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree with ya, but I'm assuming you have a wonderful marriage and a loving husband, would that all change if you found out he had a past that you didn't know about, or if at this point, it wouldn't matter.

Match un-maker, Match un-maker, un-make me a match? :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think we are in the minority.

I think I may be in the minority for having the opinion that someone's sexual history is relevant.

It is to a point. Depends on a lot of things. If it is going to bother anyone then it is not the proper place to be. Move on.
    I was married twice before I met my spousal unit. I call her that as we are a unit. She knows I was a freaking nut before I met her. All that became irrelevant when we decided to spend the rest of our lives together. She helped me finish raising my 3 sons and we have 2 children/7 G-daughters and one Great G-daughter. Life is good and we never looked back.

Top Bottom