• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I lost interest in a dame once because I went to her apartment and she had a poster of RFK on her wall. But I've been known to be hard-line on some things...

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    If some woman I'm dating wants to share her previous life, I'll listen. If not... well... that's the way that one goes.

Why would it matter to me? We all have a past. 'Yesterday' already happened, and 'tomorrow' isn't here yet. The only influence any of us have is on 'now'.

Life isn't a collection of 'yesterdays', it's built upon a collection of 'nows', one moment at a time. And some time in the future, for each of us, that will end.

Maybe the best thing to do, then, is enjoy the 'now' and stop angsting over what someone else did 'yesterday'.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah. Because past behavior is absolutely unrelated to future behavior. Why would I care what my potential spouse's history was?

Sometimes behavior patterns do not change with out good reason. This will be an issue to some and a non-issue to others.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Some of you seem very strange to me. I wouldn't want to be with someone who hasn't had a chance to experiment. Fewer than a dozen partners or so and I don't think one is likely to understand oneself. It's a big world out there.

And past behavior doesn't dictate future behavior. It's perfectly normal to "sow one's wild oats" then settle down. That goes for any gender.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    One thing that's very different than when my wife and I started dating is how fast things progress. Yeah, I think it's important to be able to know what kind of person you're dating, but I'm not going to spill my guts on the first date, or the second. Hell, couples end up with joint checking accounts faster today than you'd meet the parents when I was younger.

Another thing. I'd be more particular about how many sexual partners my girlfriend had AFTER we started dating.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Some of you seem very strange to me. I wouldn't want to be with someone who hasn't had a chance to experiment. Fewer than a dozen partners or so and I don't think one is likely to understand oneself. It's a big world out there.

And past behavior doesn't dictate future behavior. It's perfectly normal to "sow one's wild oats" then settle down. That goes for any gender.

You seem strange to me.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I've thought a lot about this thread in the past hours. Being one of the people that have made a 180 degree change in my life over the past 30 years I wondered why do some change and other keep racing down that path to self destruction. I'm not the same person I was 30 years ago. What changed me? I believe change happens for three reasons. Your either pulled into change by a biological change in your DNA. When a child turns to a adolescent they change. What they like, how they feel, who they are, changes.
    Then there are those who are pushed to change. Usually it's a ultimatum, you either change or I'm leaving, you either change or your fired. Sometimes this works, usually it's easier to find another partner or job.
    Then there's what I believe helped changed my life. Pain. The pain of seeing how my choices effected my parents and eventually my wife and children was more pain then I could bare. Place your hand on a hot stove and you move it, real fast. Pain is a great motivator. I carried a lot of pain for a lot of years. After meeting my wife I knew I had to stop the pain. The old saying is true, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. You can change, you can become a better person. When old friends see me now I hear them say I don't look like the same person, maybe it's because I'm not.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    ppl are entitled to have whatever requirements for their sexual partners they see fit....maybe they have to be a certain size (girls like taLL guys...some guys like petite girls) maybe they have to be rich...or maybe they have to not havew had many sexual partners...if he wants to know and she doesnt wanna tell i guess they werent meant to be

johnwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2014
    bedford
    in this day and age an honest discussion about sexual partners is mandatory. or at very least a recent std panel <-- means several test done all at once for the most common std's

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    People can change, I have no doubt about that. However, if a person sees no reason to change, simply saying "people change" is irrelevant. Barring a person consciously deciding to pursue another path and doing that, past behavior is, in fact, the best predictor of future actions.

Top Bottom