I'm more P/O than a republican at a gay parade....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    What's this Republican/gay thing? I've been registered R since I could vote, but teh gheys don't really trouble me. Of course, I'm pretty much Libertarian and not so much R as negative D, but, you know.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Knock on wood i havent been denied yet. I feel for you. But the past two or three times ive went to buy a gun they put me on a delay for 3-10 days. Very annoying. Does the PIN card completely eliminate this or just help? How much are one of these?

3 is the max, if they dont call back w/in 3 business days with either a proceed or deny, then the shop is free to transfer posession of ownership, even if they later call back w/ a deny. If you are waiting more than 3 business days, emphesize business, then the shop is telling you wrong.

"Jim Smith is here to buy a gun. Let's call it in" :rolleyes:

Not quite, its jim smith who weighs this much, is this tall, was born in this city state, with this birthday. REALLY narrows down the jim smiths.

Christian, in all honesty i would expect this whole process to take at least three months to get straightened out. I dont think its a very quick proccess once you apeal a denial.

Also, for what its worth, when i worked a dons east there was a very high up FBI official that lived in marion county. he was delayed EVERY single time, regardless of SSN, so its a fairly impartial system as far as i have seen.

you said you got your handgun license a month ago, but have you bought a gun on a 4473 ever before? your handgun license was issued on a statewide background check, and the 4473 on a federal. If you have been arrested, or even cited for certain violations in another state that might explain why you got your LTCH, but still got denied on the 4473

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I take offense at the title of this post. I generally don't talk politics, but I'm a Republican, a "Bible believing" Christian but do not get "pissed off" at homosexuals. I am not "homophobic" but I'll refrain from stating my feelings on Christian's who try to maintain that it's "ok" to be gay and Christian. But even if someone disagreed with me on this, I wouldn't be "pissed off."

Your subject line to me wasn't witty or cute and again, I do take offense.

Now regarding the post ...
    You should go into the police station and repeat your post to them. I'm sure that they will see that you of all people should have free and clear access to any firearm at any time.
    Just kidding. I'd be mad too.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    3 is the max, if they dont call back w/in 3 business days with either a proceed or deny, then the shop is free to transfer posession of ownership, even if they later call back w/ a deny. If you are waiting more than 3 business days, emphesize business, then the shop is telling you wrong.

Not quite, its jim smith who weighs this much, is this tall, was born in this city state, with this birthday. REALLY narrows down the jim smiths.

Christian, in all honesty i would expect this whole process to take at least three months to get straightened out. I dont think its a very quick proccess once you apeal a denial.

Also, for what its worth, when i worked a dons east there was a very high up FBI official that lived in marion county. he was delayed EVERY single time, regardless of SSN, so its a fairly impartial system as far as i have seen.

you said you got your handgun license a month ago, but have you bought a gun on a 4473 ever before? your handgun license was issued on a statewide background check, and the 4473 on a federal. If you have been arrested, or even cited for certain violations in another state that might explain why you got your LTCH, but still got denied on the 4473

The shop doesn't HAVE to transfer to you if they don't want to, or they can choose to wait for a call back. I've seen some places that consider a delay the same as a denial and won't complete the sale. The 3 days is the minimum the shop has to wait for a call, but they don't EVER have to transfer to you if they don't want to.

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    But as a side note, it doesn't matter how pissed off you get at Bradis;

"Jim Smith is here to buy a gun. Let's call it in" :rolleyes:

I'm not pissed at Bradis. It's not their fault. Just want to clear that up. Steve does a heck of a job, knows me by name every time i walk in and get great service all the time.

I will get this resolve and ask for a UPIN, that way i dont get delayed or denied in the future.

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011

:crying::wallbash:

If you have been arrested, or even cited for certain violations in another state that might explain why you got your LTCH, but still got denied on the 4473

The only thing i've been arrested for is being to dam sexy

box-man.jpg

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    I take offense at the title of this post. I generally don't talk politics, but I'm a Republican, a "Bible believing" Christian but do not get "pissed off" at homosexuals. I am not "homophobic" but I'll refrain from stating my feelings on Christian's who try to maintain that it's "ok" to be gay and Christian. But even if someone disagreed with me on this, I wouldn't be "pissed off."

Your subject line to me wasn't witty or cute and again, I do take offense.

Now regarding the post ...
    You should go into the police station and repeat your post to them. I'm sure that they will see that you of all people should have free and clear access to any firearm at any time.
    Just kidding. I'd be mad too.

I'm telling you! Imagine getting an AR-15 you wanted SO BAD. To then be turned down. And appeal why you got denied (BY MAIL!) and wait weeks!!!!

I feel like a kid without candy.

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Update:

I got a letter from NICS. Apperantly i'm not here in the US legally :rolleyes:

So in order to skip 1 step i went ahead and send
    DL
    SSN
    Birth certificate
    CCW Permit
    Finger print card
    etc

Also, it's going to take 140 days for it to get processed. :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :ar15:

I will mention this- When i got the letter they had Christian Paul ******. Which my middle name is not Paul. So.........i guess the dealer gave them the wrong info.

SO! My next step is to go BACK to the dealer and resubmit my application WITH MY SSN and CORRECT NAME.
    The worst that can happen is me getting denied (which is ok since i already send my information and it's being processed).
    The best thing that can happen- me getting my 10/22 :rockwoot:

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Wouldn't they both achieve the same goal? :dunno: Is there any reason to go through the trouble of getting a UPIN if you already have a SSN, besides the fear of the government obtaining your SSN, which they already have?

It wouldnt be the government I fear but the dealer and all his employees who have access to that form.

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    OH!

Forgot to mention this- I asked about a UPIN # and the B!+*H said only ppl who get flagged frequently can get a UPIN.

The reason i call her a B!+C* is because she had a really ****t* attitude over the phone.

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    UPDATE:

I went to the gunshop on friday to re-submit my application for my 10/22 rifle.

While Steve was on the phone giving my info I was looking at rifles, then all of a sudden i hear "Do you want a rifle?"

I went from :) to :D to :alright: to :banana:

Walked out with my 10/22 which I then took to the gunshow and bought a sling for it.

Worst that could have happen was me getting turned down, which in that case, I had already send my info in and was in progress.

FYI- I did provide my SSN on the application. No to get an :smileak:

Top Bottom