• ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    This is not Craigslist.

Although, maybe it would be cool to have a "Missed Connections" area on INGO.

"I was the guy in the White T shirt and black tactical vest...........You were the guy in the wife-beater and cargo shorts, with the nice smile, who let me use your stapler......

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Just state you have a gun for sale and deal with it. The classifieds are to put our members in a safe place that they can vet the seller. Being refered to a 3rd party really stretches the rules in my eyes. Even before being staff. I would avoid those ads. The classifieds are a perk for active users. Period.
    If you post up a gun/car/bedroom suit you should not only take responsibility but handle the transactions. This is not Craigslist.

I agree. It should be stated as you said, "just state you have a gun for sale and deal with it." No one has to know the inner workings, just that it is a legitimized rep in a somewhate controlled environment.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    don't be a cheap bastard.

I love the guys that post up a car, motorcycle, house, cabin, land, etc for 8-10K and up but still won't pony up $20 to support the site. If you're going to use the site to sell something for multiple thousands then don't be a cheap bastard.

I could have not said it better...

The strange thing to me is that most of the active posters, and one's that we have a "High Respect" for, are NOT Site Supporters???

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I could have not said it better...

The strange thing to me is that most of the active posters, and one's that we have a "High Respect" for, are NOT Site Supporters???

I've noticed the 20,000-40,000 post members aren't supporters. You'd think they'd value the place that let's them "contribute" so much.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    What if I’m selling something for someone who isn’t a friend, and in fact I don’t even know them? Like, some shady character I met in an alley asked me to sell a gun for him? He said it was legit.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I did not join Ingo for the classifieds. It took me a few days to even realize there WAS a classified section!
    I looked it over, but I was here more for the information I could glean from the site.
    It was easy to gain access back then.
    Ten quality posts were fairly easy, even for me.
    I posted a few items for sale, and met a couple of really nice people at the meets.
    And all was good.

I still peruse the classifieds for the few and far between deals, but I don't even bother posting anything for sale anymore.
    It's just not worth the headaches.

Between the responses of,
    "Why can't you oblige ME, and meet at a time and place that's most convenient to ME?"
    Or at the actual meet, "I don't really want to pay that much, I thought I could talk you down."
    Or the occasional post, "That's not worth that much, I'll only give you..."

I swear, I love Ingo, but in my old age, I guess I'm losing patience with some people.

Speaking of skirting the rules, another reason I quit posting items for sale in the classifieds is the pics rule.
    I have never been a I.T. savant. I barely know how to check emails and spend money on GunBroker...
    I also do not have a $1k IPhone that takes panoramic images.
    Even if I did have an IPhone, I wouldn't know how to get the picture from the phone to the computer. Once it goes into the computer, where did it go?
    I wouldn't know where to look for it.

Don't even get me started about "how easy it is to post pics...".
    Now, the very first time I posted something for sale after the rule change, I got an infraction for not posting a picture.
    I was unaware of the rule change, but that doesn't matter. Rules are rules, right?

Well, I can't post an item for sale without posting a picture, but everyday I see posts that include nothing more than a screen shot from a dealers web-site, and the assurance that, "It looks JUST like this...".
    Why is it o.k. to post a representative picture, instead of an image of the actual item for sale?
    What good is a stock photo?

It's all good though. I really don't sell that much.
    When I do, I just have a much smaller potential buyer base.

I'm still here for the information I can glean from other members.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did not join Ingo for the classifieds. It took me a few days to even realize there WAS a classified section!
    I looked it over, but I was here more for the information I could glean from the site.
    It was easy to gain access back then.
    Ten quality posts were fairly easy, even for me.
    I posted a few items for sale, and met a couple of really nice people at the meets.
    And all was good.

I still peruse the classifieds for the few and far between deals, but I don't even bother posting anything for sale anymore.
    It's just not worth the headaches.

Between the responses of,
    "Why can't you oblige ME, and meet at a time and place that's most convenient to ME?"
    Or at the actual meet, "I don't really want to pay that much, I thought I could talk you down."
    Or the occasional post, "That's not worth that much, I'll only give you..."

I swear, I love Ingo, but in my old age, I guess I'm losing patience with some people.

Speaking of skirting the rules, another reason I quit posting items for sale in the classifieds is the pics rule.
    I have never been a I.T. savant. I barely know how to check emails and spend money on GunBroker...
    I also do not have a $1k IPhone that takes panoramic images.
    Even if I did have an IPhone, I wouldn't know how to get the picture from the phone to the computer. Once it goes into the computer, where did it go?
    I wouldn't know where to look for it.

Don't even get me started about "how easy it is to post pics...".
    Now, the very first time I posted something for sale after the rule change, I got an infraction for not posting a picture.
    I was unaware of the rule change, but that doesn't matter. Rules are rules, right?

Well, I can't post an item for sale without posting a picture, but everyday I see posts that include nothing more than a screen shot from a dealers web-site, and the assurance that, "It looks JUST like this...".
    Why is it o.k. to post a representative picture, instead of an image of the actual item for sale?
    What good is a stock photo?

It's all good though. I really don't sell that much.
    When I do, I just have a much smaller potential buyer base.

I'm still here for the information I can glean from other members.

Good grief do not get me started. If you see these images let me know. I want to know. Seriously.
    Any member that does this will get an infraction. The rule is in place for good reasons.
    Ever drive over an hour to make a deal and the gun was not as advertised. I have. Pissed me right the hell off.
    Unfortunately there are people in every walk of life that have issues with the truth. Many also believe you owe them something and will cut you to the bone over a nickel. The rules package is our best efforts to control this as best we can. No one can cover everything. We can not accommodate everyone. Vbulletin is what it is and thats what we have.

As to the pic thing. My brother if "I" can do it, trust me, anyone can. Just saying.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Good grief do not get me started. If you see these images let me know. I want to know. Seriously.
    Any member that does this will get an infraction. The rule is in place for good reasons.
    Ever drive over an hour to make a deal and the gun was not as advertised. I have. Pissed me right the hell off.
    Unfortunately there are people in every walk of life that have issues with the truth. Many also believe you owe them something and will cut you to the bone over a nickel. The rules package is our best efforts to control this as best we can. No one can cover everything. We can not accommodate everyone. Vbulletin is what it is and thats what we have.

As to the pic thing. My brother if "I" can do it, trust me, anyone can. Just saying.

So stock images are a no go? I always thought they were permitted, just bad form to use them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So stock images are a no go? I always thought they were permitted, just bad form to use them.

Advertisers can use them. We want a pic of what you are selling. A couple of good detailed ones would be nice.
    Never care if it a stock pic of an ammo box etc.
    The whole thing is to see what you are offering up for sale. Is it scratched/dented/painted with a brush. Not the infamouse "You know what they look like"
    No, we want to know what yours looks like.

Top Bottom