• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Advertisers can use them. We want a pic of what you are selling. A couple of good detailed ones would be nice.
    Never care if it a stock pic of an ammo box etc.
    The whole thing is to see what you are offering up for sale. Is it scratched/dented/painted with a brush. Not the infamouse "You know what they look like"
    No, we want to know what yours looks like.
    :yesway:

I thought I remembered someone way back when, maybe Allen, talking about using stock pictures so they didn't have to open up NIB product. IIRC the example was a scope, not sure though.

Never really was a fan of stock pictures and usually ignored the ad when I saw one, but I can understand NIB product coming from a vendor.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :yesway:

I thought I remembered someone way back when, maybe Allen, talking about using stock pictures so they didn't have to open up NIB product. IIRC the example was a scope, not sure though.

Never really was a fan of stock pictures and usually ignored the ad when I saw one, but I can understand NIB product coming from a vendor.

Exactly. NIB stuff from a vendor is OK if they are an advertiser.
    I have found as have others that some people do not really know the true meaning of NIB. Just enough of these folks to make us do the pic rule thing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So stock images are a no go? I always thought they were permitted, just bad form to use them.

I've only used a stock image once, and that was for some ammo that was still in the sealed case, and I didn't want to open the case just to show what the ammo looked like. With guns, I've always posted actual pics of the item.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I've only used a stock image once, and that was for some ammo that was still in the sealed case, and I didn't want to open the case just to show what the ammo looked like. With guns, I've always posted actual pics of the item.

I was mostly thinking of guns and other major items when I posted that. It makes sense for vendors with NIB product, ammo, things like that. I have seen people post stock pictures for guns several times in the past. I don't recall any recently.

There are two perfect examples of the multi thousand dollar items I was talking about above, both on the first page of the non firearms section right now. $3200 and $7000 items and the seller can't even spring for $20 to become a site supporter. One of them hasn't made a single post in over 3 years until they posted their car for sale today.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I sold an item in the classy's once for a friend. It was only disclosed to the actual buyer, along with my personal guarantee that it was as advertised.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I've sold multiple guns for my grandpa...he's also my friend. I had the gun(s) in my possession, took pics myself, posted the add(s) myself, delt with PM's (sometimes had to consult grandpa before responding) then scheduled the sale and met up myself.

If I am selling for someone else, then I am doing the work. I'm not a 3rd party broker who introduced the buyer to the seller and walks away.

ETA: I even sold one of the guns to a mod.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I've sold multiple guns for my grandpa...he's also my friend. I had the gun(s) in my possession, took pics myself, posted the add(s) myself, delt with PM's (sometimes had to consult grandpa before responding) then scheduled the sale and met up myself.

If I am selling for someone else, then I am doing the work. I'm not a 3rd party broker who introduced the buyer to the seller and walks away.

Reported.

Clearing trying to help your grandpa get around the 50 post rule!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am just asking for a friend... does anyone else suffer from the annoying "drip, drip, drip" of gonorrhea? Any tips on clearing that up?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why? If I’m selling something for a friend, I am taking responsibility for the sale and putting MY reputation on the line. I’ve done it several times here. I’d much sooner buy something that YOU are selling for a friend than I would from someone I don’t know anything about.

This seems reasonable. I posted an item for a non-gun friend years ago. I attended the sale, and made sure everything was good and smooth.

I've also helped non-INGO friends buy things here.

As long as there's a reputable member mediating and taking responsibility for the sale, I see nothing wrong with it.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I've sold dozens of things for friends. Of course, it never gets posted and I just buy it for myself. Saves a lot of paperwork and nothing has to go on a boat trip...

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton

REPORTED!
    :)

I've no issue with 'selling for a friend'.

I've come across instances where a family someone dies and the family members were clueless, wanting the items to go to people who would appreciate the items.
    I've had instances where family members don't INGO and asked if I thought there would be interest for said item.

In rare cases, I've no issue putting my reputation on the line... But yeah, it's my rep on the line, and not theirs. So I don't take it lightly. If it's a worthwhile item at a fair price, I would list it. I don't view INGO as a local garage sale. If they want to make some money, I tell them go to gun broker.

Top Bottom