• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I hate getting called insane because I like guns. I hate being called a murder because I hunt. I hate people saying I'm going to grow up and kill people because I like guns. I hate people saying I'm a idiot because I spend my money on guns. I HATE THE FACT THAT ALMOST EVERYONE I KNOEW IS LIBERAL!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Get used to it, there will many people you will find in your lifetime that wont see the world the way you do. best to just see it for what it is and go about your business. Trying to get everyone to see the way you do is going to get very tiresome:twocents:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    calm down. as long as you are in the gun world it will be a up hill battle with alot of folks. if you get overly angry with them you are just givving them more ammo (figerativly speaking) you just need to learn to stay calm and overwelm them with facts. you know you have won wihen they run out on inteligent comments

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i feel your pain...it always seems like its easy for them to point a finger at you and say bad things about guns and violence and blah bllah blah...and its much harder for you to point your finger and be like "drum circles, pot smoking, and welfare.blah blah blah" it is what it is...just keep being yourself...if they could understand that thats what you are doing maybe theyd be less judgemental

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Just smile and look at them like the idiots they are. I've always been a gun guy, and I haven't murdered that many people. Ok, none, but you know, we're the most level-headed people you're ever going to meet. MUCH more likely to analyze and understand things in the world rather than freak out at each thing we don't understand. We try to comprehend the minutiae of firearms, way more than "the end with the hole in it points at the enemy." Ballistics. Sighting. Loading. Malfunctions. There's science here, and technology. NOBODY has it all nailed down, and you may well one day make a contribution of your own. Be proud of what you know, but don't expect them to understand. Many are, in fact, incapable.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Welcome to the U.S. of A, where a means to protect yourself means others need to be protected from you, where earning money means you need to give it to those who earn nothing, and where actually having the ability to articulate intelligent speech means you're intolerant and hateful.

Oh, and

1619748-welcome_ta_erf.jpg

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    Calm down and stand strong,young man, if you're here,you know there are people who think like you do........the naysayers and haters want you to be angry,it proves their point.......keep your wits about you and don't give the S***heads of this world the satisfaction

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I hate getting called insane because I like guns. I hate being called a murder because I hunt. I hate people saying I'm going to grow up and kill people because I like guns. I hate people saying I'm a idiot because I spend my money on guns. I HATE THE FACT THAT ALMOST EVERYONE I KNOEW IS LIBERAL!

Apparently these people are close to you, otherwise why would you care what they are saying? If they are in fact closely associated with you, maybe there is some behavior they've seen that makes them believe you have the ability to do something as you have described.

I believe you are a teen, according to your profile picture and description. If that is true, understand you have to know your audience and to whom you are speaking with about your hobbies. Many of my friends are on the liberal side of the fence, but I've attracted many of them to my lifestyle by acting responsibly and with a certain level of decorum. Maybe this is something you will learn with age and experience, if you have acted contrary. Forcing anything on a person will only cause them to resist and label you, no matter how wrong they may be.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Man, I hate it for you! :)

It's that bad in Dallas,TX? I had to look at your screen name deal....I figured it was going to say you were in Bloomington or something. I woulda thought other than Austin, Texas would be a pretty level-headed place. I guess I'm spoiled in Bedford/Mitchell...I don't run into that crap that much here.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Man, I hate it for you! :)

It's that bad in Dallas,TX? I had to look at your screen name deal....I figured it was going to say you were in Bloomington or something. I woulda thought other than Austin, Texas would be a pretty level-headed place. I guess I'm spoiled in Bedford/Mitchell...I don't run into that crap that much here.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    RELAX, take a deep breath and watch a few 2nd Amendment, Ted Nugent interviews on you tube! You will feel better and not so alone!

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg

Have you ever thought about taking up a more acceptable hobby? You're a young man, try different stuff. I hear video games are real popular these days. You could dress up in costumes and take some of your cool buddies to A-Kon June 1-3 in Big D.

A-Kon® 23: June 1-3, 2012 at The Sheraton and Marriott Downtown Dallas, Texas

Chicks really dig young boys in costume!

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Just tell them the average police response time 11min.12sec. after a 911 call & the time it takes some one to kick down your door & shoot you is only a few min. That is why you invest in guns.
    And if they want to know the reason you hunt, let them read this page.
    Deer Accidents Crash: Deer Car Accident Photos, Pictures, Deer Car Crashes, Wrecks, Auto Collisions from Car-Accidents.com
    Then ask them if they want to be one of the 150 fatal auto deer collisions or one of the 10,000 people injured each year, see you are just trying to save there life.
    That is in addition to doing your part controlling many other wild animals that may cause them problems.:yesway:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I have many family members who pretty much view me as "the hippy" or "the nutjob." It just depends on who you're talking to. I either laugh or ignore them. Usually, I laugh first, and then ignore them. I know where I stand and why. The best way to convey the point that you are a responsible person is to BE a responsible person. Also, don't act like Ted Nugent. Be respectful of their viewpoints, and articulate why you believe what you do. I'm not gonna lie, spending time in the politics forum helped me develop this skill. Brutal honesty accompanied by gentle understanding is the best policy in most cases.

Top Bottom