• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    not to be a buzz kill but......learn to shoot your ammo at close range that will blow there head clean off instead of pissin' them off.....btw don't kill the black snakes there the best rodent control you can have.....

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, the one we saw the other day was just a big black snake. Not venomous or threatening; I actually never even saw him move. But it reminded me that she was afraid of snakes, and I figured she might want something to help get rid of the more dangerous ones. She has a shotgun, but its kind of heavy to carry around everywhere.

I've got no problem with rat snakes or grass snakes, or anything of that sort, but if its venomous, I would rather get it out of my way. Sure, it would help keep rodents and other things of that sort down, but I'm not into harboring creatures that can kill me that easily if I happen to not see them as I'm out walking. If its venomous and not helping pay the mortgage, its leaving one way or another.

Madine85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    I did the pots and pans thing one year for a birthday.. that didn't go over very well either.

I'd love new pots and pans for my birthday. I actually asked BlueEagle for some new pans for Christmas this past year, until he proposed and then decided we could wait and people would get those for us for the wedding.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'd love new pots and pans for my birthday. I actually asked BlueEagle for some new pans for Christmas this past year, until he proposed and then decided we could wait and people would get those for us for the wedding.

Register for stainless steel ones... stay away from aluminum - it's the work of the devil!! :):

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Snake shot is cool ammo when used right. Brother in law now carries Charter Arms snubby w/ 3 snake shot 38s and 2 hollowpoints when walking around the cabin in Arkansas. Last time I visited, it took a 230gr 45ACP, to dispatch a cottonmouth hanging off the gutter over the Gas grill that I was cooking dinner on. After locating the left over snake we buried the head to keep someone from getting jabbed by the fangs. Bad boys indeed.

You're spot on about the king snakes and black rat snakes. They do keep the mice in check.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    A snake (cottonmouth, copperhead, rattler) even close to the gas grill is a declaration of war.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    You panic ridden folk do know that the odds of crossing paths with poisonous snakes in Indiana is real slim don't you?

Madine85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    There are lots of things that the chance of happening is real slim, but people still prepare for. I hope I never have to shoot a poisonous snake, but I'll still prepare for the slim chance.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    You panic ridden folk do know that the odds of crossing paths with poisonous snakes in Indiana is real slim don't you?

There is also a slim chance that I'll have to use the G17 I carry when I am out and about it town, but I carry it anyway. That's pretty much the entire basis of carrying a gun, right? To be prepared for situations that may arise, even if they are unlikely? And I would hardly call buying a box of snake-shot after encountering a snake "panic-ridden."

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Family used to have property down in Brown County. There were plenty of rattlers and copperheads to encounter, and we did from time to time.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    My fiance must love me a lot. After being accosted by a snake yesterday walking around the property were are thinking of buying, I came home to a big wrapped package. Inside? Snake shot for my revolver.

If that's not true love I don't know what is! <3

I don't know...if he truly loved you he'd have made a gun belt out of that snake skin for you, or at least a hat band if it was a small one! :D

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    There is also a slim chance that I'll have to use the G17 I carry when I am out and about it town, but I carry it anyway. That's pretty much the entire basis of carrying a gun, right? To be prepared for situations that may arise, even if they are unlikely? And I would hardly call buying a box of snake-shot after encountering a snake "panic-ridden."

You're right, poor choice of words. It is more along the lines of being overwhelmed with an irrational fear.

Using that G17 against a "scary person" isn't in your game plan I hope? Why jump at the chance to dispatch a poisonous snake that will crawl away?

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    It's like a summer house only you use it a quarter of the year.:D

Seriously, it's for keeping things cool in the summer. Usually, it's built over a spring or well and used to store perishables in before refrigerators.

Yeah, it wasn't something that we were looking for, and not something that we would use much, but is pretty cool to have. It is a real spring, too, not just a sunken building near a creek. It was pretty nifty.

Offer has been made, (one day early.) We'll know the results tomorrow. Fingers crossed; I want my own range SO much... :D

Top Bottom