I'm tired of all the "price gouging"....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I don't give a crap about the gouging anymore, I just can't get over where the hell all the 9mm and, can you believe it, .22 LR have gone! In all the years of buying ammo, I have never seen all the .22 LR out of stock. I don't get it.

I have always picked up at least on or two boxes of ammo each week, and will no matter where the prices go, but no .22 LR? Glad I got tons of it right now.:dunno:

Just go to Gunbroker, it's all there, about 15 pages of people asking out-of-sight prices and in some cases getting it. If people would quit paying these prices it wouldn't belong before we were flooded with .22's. (the same could be said about other things people are going nuts on)

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    i can respect your opinion i for one would not pay the inflated prices but if you are stupid enough to pay that for one then its your fault i have seen m&P 15s on arms list for 2000 and they are selling i personally would not mind having one but i can wait untill the prices go back down in a few months when people realize they will never get away with banning the ar's

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Companies moving the price of a glock 17 from $520 to closer to $700 overnight is not "supply and demand". Please. They are more than free to put whatever price on an item that they want. In the end, it pushes folks like me, who can't afford it and don't have a stockpile of stuff out of the market. It seems that those that have the disposable income to afford it don't mind... just my opinion. Just don't call it supply and demand.

Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County
    A local gun shop in Noblesville is now charging $50 for a transfer, when just months ago they were charging $30. I understand prices going up because everything is back ordered, but transfer fees going up $20 in a few weeks? That's just wrong.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    A local gun shop in Noblesville is now charging $50 for a transfer, when just months ago they were charging $30. I understand prices going up because everything is back ordered, but transfer fees going up $20 in a few weeks? That's just wrong.

Apparently they decided they don't ever want to do a transfer.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    If the government passes background checks, and makes it so all sales have to be transfered, you can bet your bottom dollar they will cash in on it. I can see them forcing the FFLs to have to pay a "tax" of each transfer. Then you will see the prices go up even more.

Edjer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Agree 100% and will pay whatever I need to buy the guns and ammo I want. I only wish the folks at the LGS in my area didn't act like I am bothering them when I call or visit. I understand a demand curve, just not poor customer service...

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    Agree 100% and will pay whatever I need to buy the guns and ammo I want. I only wish the folks at the LGS in my area didn't act like I am bothering them when I call or visit. I understand a demand curve, just not poor customer service...

Most of mine are fine. I dont ask a bunch of questions if they are busy, but if they arent I will talk a bit with them. I think most have gotten used to seeing me a couple times a week!

Ive never understood poor customer service. If a customer is on the premises especially. They must be interested in something. If they are calling, try to get them to come in.
    Could be though that they are getting swamped with calls/counter questions/emails about stuff they answer a thousand times a day and think the next guy is the same question coming at them.
    Its not right....and having been in retail sales years ago and knowing what I do about customer service, I cant say I wouldnt be the same.

The thing to remember is, this is like Christmas in retail for these guys, except its lasted going on 4 months now. One of my LGS has a couple great guys, but a few of the hired hands arent so great. Its probably wearing more on them because they arent used to any sort of "rush" of customers. I just dont deal with them when I go in....

brute69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Anyone who took economics in high school knows its not gouging, its supply and demand, if you don't want to buy something, don't no need to cry about the price.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    We are our own worst enemy. It's not just supply and demand. When a hurricane hits and the flashlight batteries and gasoline go up 1000% overnight, that is gauging. Our current problem is not people last minute panic buying, that is only part of the problem. The problem is the climate has all the blood in the water and the feeding frenzy. One of my local gun shops was telling me they got a shipment of AR15's in and the people were snapping them up to put on gunbroker. One guy was posting it from his smart phone while waiting on the NICS check to clear, and he was buying several. There are those who are taking advantage of the situation and making it a self fulfilling prophecy by keeping the system drained of products, which is contributing to the panic buying. The down side is this may severely hurt the overall cause because a lot of people may get out of shooting all together due to the high prices and unavailability of ammo. The fewer people who shoot as a hobby, the fewer care the next time they try to pass gun control or gun confiscation legislation. I have heard several people who go to the local walmart and buy everything they have to keep the supply down and sell it online. I look at it like a guy I use to work with buying the latest game system just before Christmas to resell for a heavy profit. It's not illegal, but it is questionably immoral. He told his coworkers that he purchased it within thirty days of Christmas, so he can always take it back if he doesn't get a hefty profit from reselling it online. He ended up taking it back because he could not get enough profit for it to satisfy him. Some kid didn't get what they wanted for Christmas that year, and the store had to take back an item they could have easily sold, but it was perfectly legal. Let's face it, those who are buying magazines by the count of 50 or more just to resell them are part of the problem by causing a shortage for profit during these uncertain times. They are also the ones who complain the loudest when walmart puts a purchase limit on ammo. Sure they try to bring every friend and family member in they can to get around the policy, but they still complain. Some gun stores are down in supply and can't get more, they are having to limit sales of ammo to only selling it if you buy a gun. They can't sell the guns if they can't at least get you 1 box of ammo to have with it, few would buy a gun with no amm

Top Bottom