• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I was on my way back to Indiana from Chicago Midway airport. I was on Garfield Blvd when I spotted a guy at the intersection ahead. He was on crutches and had a prosthetic leg. The boot section where his partial leg went into the prosthetic leg was covered in silver duct tape. The tape looked weathered and fraying like it had seen some combat.

He was holding a sign that had the following words on it.
    Disabled vet, Anything you can give will help, God Bless

I really felt overwhelmed with compassion and wanted to do something so I rolled down my window and gave him a roll of duct tape.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I never give money or a bat of an eye to those people.

A guy in lightly tattered clothing asked me for some money one night when I was in Las Vegas for a buddies wedding. I was walking out of a CVS that happened to be next to a McDonald's when he hit me up. I said no, and heard him ask another passerby, getting the same response. I asked my wife if she heard/saw that and turned back to point him out to her. As I did, he was digging a half eaten burger from Mcd's out of a trash can. I watched him eat it. I almost went back and gave him some money.

Ultimately, I decided that as someone who has worked in the food industry, cut grass, dug graves, bagged groceries, worked a line in a factory, broke my back in a trench and behind an air hammer, crawled sewers etc. I have no sympathy for someone who would rather eat garbage than work and earn.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    ...to sit at an intersection waiting for people to hand me money. How does this work? Isn't easier, and more profitable, to simply get a job, which typically is indoors and climate controlled? :dunno:

Do they allow the beggars to work the corners in Carmel? They don't put up with it in Plainfield.

Abdul on WIBC panhandled downtown as an experiment and made around $35 an hour for half a day.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I used to work at a bank in Commiefornia, and one of these "opportunists" had an account with us. He would stop in daily to make a deposit, and had over six figures in his account.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    A local reporter interviewed a panhandler in the Mishawaka area. They admitted to making $75,000 tax free annually.

My Mother in law keeps $5 gift cards to McDonalds with her. She said she just follows her heart. If she feels compassion for the person then she gives them a gift card. $5 on the value menu can go a long way if your really hungry.

Its not cash so not buying booze or drugs with it.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    A local reporter interviewed a panhandler in the Mishawaka area. They admitted to making $75,000 tax free annually.

My Mother in law keeps $5 gift cards to McDonalds with her. She said she just follows her heart. If she feels compassion for the person then she gives them a gift card. $5 on the value menu can go a long way if your really hungry.

A $5 Mcdonalds gift card can be readily sold for $3 or $4, and THAT cash CAN (and often WILL) be used to purchase booze or drugs. Heck, a hard core addict would gladly sell it for $1.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The same people that used to buy food stamps. There are ALWAYS enterprising people out there ready to make a buck, especially off of the downtrodden.

A hardcore addict will have a hard time selling a card to anybody. That would require work on their part and they aren't much into that are they? Would you buy a $5 gift card from a panhandler?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

McDonalds restaurants serve beer over here.

MnJn89S.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    [video=youtube;kdMe6GfxFsM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdMe6GfxFsM[/video]

[video=youtube;EWdoGtdN_7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWdoGtdN_7g[/video]

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    gvbndgf
    Local expose here found that they make damn good money doing it. Actually got one lady to admit it was just over 6 figures some years.

There is one guy that stands at the top of the EB70 to Emerson exit. He is in his late 40s, early 50s. He takes his teeth out and hobbles around on a cane, with one foot flexed up so he walks on his heel like he is crippled.

One day I left work late. I saw him speed walking toward his car, fit as a fiddle. Ever since I have been tempted to stick a sign at the base of the ramp "He isnt crippled, he is playing you".

a
    wtf, I see that guy all the time

adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Last winter I saw a guy toss a few bucks out his window the wind blew them into traffic. The panhandler must have been hard up because he dodged traffic to pick up like two bucks. I felt bad for the guy

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you work for your money, you don't get the satisfaction of outsmarting the people who fall for your hard luck story.
    Some prefer to cheat and steal. (Yes, steal; if you aren't truly needy, you're stealing from the people who give you money.)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom