• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Yep some still have shotguns and many have an AR of some variation. Some buy their own and some are issued. And there are some who are issued full auto M4's.

We have a ton of shotguns out there.

We have patrol rifles but not but not as many as we should.

Some Officers have a rifle and a shotgun.

We do not issue “full auto M4s” but SWAT may have some.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    We have a ton of shotguns out there.

We have patrol rifles but not but not as many as we should.

Some Officers have a rifle and a shotgun.

We do not issue “full auto M4s” but SWAT may have some.

Swat definitely has them. A couple guys have allowed me to fondle their M4's. It would be my opinion, from the outside looking in that every officer should be issued a patrol rifle and a shotgun. I think they both have their uses and in a situation that has gone south is the wrong time to wish you had them.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Surprise, surprise. Had a warrant, and a gun, and a lot of weed.

The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) says a man who was shot by an officer Thursday afternoon on the east side will survive.

The incident started as a traffic stop in the 9900 block of East 16th Street, near Mitthoeffer Road, around 12:30 p.m. An officer shot the suspect after a Taser didn’t work and a struggle over a weapon occurred. He was sent to the hospital in critical condition.

On Friday, IMPD identified the suspect as Truville Christian and said he is expected to survive. There is no video of the incident.

IMPD does not believe the man fired any shots, but a weapon reportedly belonging to the man was found. No officers were injured.

Christian’s status has been upgraded to stable. In addition to his active warrant, he faces preliminary charges of possession of a handgun without a license, dealing marijuana, possession of marijuana, resisting law enforcement and failure to identify.

https://fox59.com/2018/10/19/suspec...-to-survive-impd-releases-timeline-of-events/

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    It is amazing how much difference time of day makes on what kind of 2 leg critters you are likely to encounter

The business I work for is on E. Washington St. I have worked all 3 shifts. I have seen it all. Once it gets dark, 10pm and after, let's just say most of the good 2 leg critters are home. I've watched video from 2am, 3am, 4 am. Nothing good ever happens at that time of night.

But the saying mind your own, stay out of certain areas, etc... all true. I never feel unsafe when I am work, no matter the time of day. I don't harass and I don't stir the pot.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    All these police shootings.......I just keep hoping the rat bastage that stole my car is on the receiving end.

If he's tasered off the roof of a car there's a better chance of video. Maybe bean-bagged and maced, then tasered.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Wow the thing that shocks me is all the posters saying they’re going to “start carrying a spare mag”... “start”... my saying two is one, one is none, and none is not acceptable! If you carry one mag all it takes is a bent feed lip, a cracked base plate, or an accidental mag drop and you have a club! A short arms length club!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Wow the thing that shocks me is all the posters saying they’re going to “start carrying a spare mag”... “start”... my saying two is one, one is none, and none is not acceptable! If you carry one mag all it takes is a bent feed lip, a cracked base plate, or an accidental mag drop and you have a club! A short arms length club!

I generally only carry a spare mag when I am toting my Shield 45, due to it's relatively low capacity. I hear that "one is none" BS a lot, and just laugh.

Lots of people have been killed pretty dead by people who were carrying "no" gun. :):

I'd like to see the stats on civilians who were killed in a defensive use of a firearm because of a cracked baseplate or bent feed lip. I'm betting it's less than Powerball odds.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I generally only carry a spare mag when I am toting my Shield 45, due to it's relatively low capacity. I hear that "one is none" BS a lot, and just laugh.

Lots of people have been killed pretty dead by people who were carrying "no" gun. :):

I'd like to see the stats on civilians who were killed in a defensive use of a firearm because of a cracked baseplate or bent feed lip. I'm betting it's less than Powerball odds.

yep, and tonight someone's got a chance of winning the powerball!... and i prefer not to win the "only 1 mag lottery"

right now ive got 2 (31 rounds of 9mm hornady critical defense)mags on me, 1 in the gun and the other on my week side just in case i run into a p!$$ed off gang of hells angels.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    yep, and tonight someone's got a chance of winning the powerball!... and i prefer not to win the "only 1 mag lottery"

right now ive got 2 (31 rounds of 9mm hornady critical defense)mags on me, 1 in the gun and the other on my week side just in case i run into a p!$$ed off gang of hells angels.

31 rounds against a pissed off gang of Hell's Angels isn't going to do much for you.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I hope the officers involved in both instances are ok. If someone is trying to hurt a cop I hope they arent breathing anymore. I'll just be that blunt about it. They shouldnt be able to hurt anyone else again nor be a drain on our tax system

Any IDIOT that would consider attacking a uniformed, armed LEO would not hesitate for a moment where the normal citizen is concerned so whatever he got was justly deserved. Honestly I'm disappointed the dirtbag survived the encounter. There was a happier time, many years ago when law enforcement was respected........ but I digress.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Top Bottom