• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • standeford

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Anyone know how long it takes IMPD to sign off on a Form 4?

I dropped off some 2 weeks ago, got printed, they said they'd call when they were finished. CLEOs I've dealt with in the past never took more than a couple of days.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I had one set of form 4's take almost a month, but this was during the timeframe that MCSD and IPD were merging and there was a pissing match on WHO was going to do the signoffs.

I would give them a call, politely.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I dropped mine off late Jan to early Feb with a self adressed stamped envelope and got it int eh mail within a week. I bet something got lost or shuffled under some other papers.

Doug K

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    You guys have it rough. Chief Fogarty in Carmel had mine signed about six hours after I dropped it off. That was in Feb.

standeford

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I bet something got lost or shuffled under some other papers.
    Doug K

Must have. As businesslike as they were when I dropped them off I thought they'd get this done with me having to follow up, but it appears not. Guess I'd better get the trust thing done if I'm going to live here long.

Thanks for the help folks....

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The people in the firearms unit are good, the process goes like this. You get printed, they send your prints to the basement and the Ident people check your prints and make sure that you don't have a criminal record. Then that is all sent to the office of the chief. That is where it sits until someone makes hin or his adjunct sign them. I had 2 get sent back from the ATF because the he was out of town and someone signed for him and did not print the proper signature block. Ahh well set up a trust take about 1 hour and you are done and never have to go through that again.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    what floor do I got to get my paper work signed off? Picking up a suppressor for my Sig:ar15:

If you live in Marion County, you will need to go to the Firearms Desk on the first floor of the City County Bldg, east wing.

You will need to have your form 4 filled out COMPLETELY with your photos attached.

Tell the girls that you need some ATF NFA forms signed and some fingerprint cards done. I believe they charge $2 per FP card.

I advise you also take a self addressed stamped envelope, that way when the forms are signed, they can just mail them back to you, that way you don't have to make another trip downtown.

standeford

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It is $3 per card now. That the desk ladies needed something for the coke machine when I took mine.

Be sure to hold your citizenship form out of the packet you take to Marion County, that one is self certify.

soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    As of late Feb it was about 7 business days. I submitted mine with a self addressed stamped envelope so I dont know if that helped speed things up.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Ug it's always me..:rolleyes:

I called to check on it today since its been 10 days and after trying to find the correct number, and the correct person. I got the lady with the know how. She said she went through them on Monday and noticed he missed one. I guess having 6 pages the guy must have gotten tired of writting and is on vacation the rest of this week up till easter. So hopefully Monday or Tuesday.. Always me. :D

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Finally I'm in the home stretch - Got forms back today. Total of 18 days, however 7 of those the guy was on vacation (apparently no one else can sign) Whoohoo now to get these puppys mailed.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Allen County, city of Fort Wayne, known anti (civilian) gun Chief of Police Rusty York signed mine FTF. Shook his hand and was on my way. 15 minutes total. :)

Top Bottom