• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • songdog33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2014
    Hancock County
    I'm by no means racist, but doesnt it throw up a flag when the talk about how they have to step up law enforcement for the BLACK expo? You didnt hear them saying anything like this when the NRA convention was in town. In fact, they made a point to mention that crime rates were down when the NRA convention was in Indy.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Now that the Bloods have declared 'war' on the police, don't care if they put 4 armed Officers on each corner of each intersection for a mile radius.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why step it up, since more police won't reduce crime per the mayor. Apparently that doesn't apply to downtown during IBE or to Broad Ripple. More cops is better there. The logic. It's compelling.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why step it up, since more police won't reduce crime per the mayor. Apparently that doesn't apply to downtown during IBE or to Broad Ripple. More cops is better there. The logic. It's compelling.

Or, "the stupid, it burns"

You would think that a worthless, lying politician could at least spew some BS which is plausible and not directly conflicting with his own actions. It would be just as stupid, but at least not so obvious.

I think I know the drill. More police won't reduce crime, but building cricket fields will (tip of the hat to Phylodog for this one) since our up and coming hoodlums will look at it and say to themselves, "we have a cricket field, so I think I'll learn how to play cricket".

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You would think that a worthless, lying politician could at least spew some BS which is plausible and not directly conflicting with his own actions. It would be just as stupid, but at least not so obvious.

I think I know the drill. More police won't reduce crime, but building cricket fields will (tip of the hat to Phylodog for this one) since our up and coming hoodlums will look at it and say to themselves, "we have a cricket field, so I think I'll learn how to play cricket".
    no, they'll just use the cricket stick/bat thingamajigy to make some extra folding cash to use to buy a gat to make even more folding cash.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Since nothing will happen and police presence doesn't do anything anyways, sounds like you coppers can take that time off.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The official events of Black Expo are not the problem. The problem is the yutes that only come downtown to wreak havoc.

This is true, but invites another question: Why is it that the organizers are consistently silent on the matter yet I (by virtue of being white) am expected to apologize on command for anything wrong any white person has done in world history, even things long before my lifetime in which I have never participated or things which my family spilled blood to stop, and it is still somehow our fault requiring apology? In the event of any organization which is not explicitly formed to support an ethnic minority group, they double down on their demands as has often been the case with the TEA party which harbors no animus toward anyone but crooked politicians.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This thread doesn't make sense. The announcement for police being stepped is done for many reasons: ease concerns of prospective visitors; let the idiots who want to make trouble, know their nonsense will not be tolerated; and for those who constantly complain that the police do not do enough. It has nothing to do with race. Police involent is increased for all large events in Indianapolis, whether seen or not, they are there.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Que, some of that is true, but the only events that the city cancels our days off during are the Expo, Circle City Classic and Indy 500.

Top Bottom