• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Super Bowl is not a recurring event which is why I did not include it.

I get that it's not a recurring event. The OP posted about the police announcing more presence for this particular event, but I posted that a similar number of bodies are put in place for large events. You said some of what I said was true, but I'm just trying to determine what part wasn't. I don't believe he mentioned anything out vacation being recalled, which you brought up, so I wanted to know if vacation was recalled for the Super Bowl?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I was trying to illustrate that we do not spend equal manpower on other downtown events. It's not just vacation that's cancelled during Expo, Classic and Indy, but it is regularly scheduled days-off that are cancelled. It is just fact that we spend immense manpower during these three events and do not use similar manpower during any other event, the Super Bowl excepted.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Wait until Wizzard world comic con coming to the Indiana convention center feb 15. More movie, video games. Comic books and stars. Plus more scantily clad ladies and better costumes. Less guys who's mom is cleaning out the basement while they play games four day straight and wear adult diapers so they don't hAve to get up from the table. Not that I do not enjoy gen con. It just get rather smelly after the first 2 days. And you guys think the Indy 1500 is smelly.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Wait until Wizzard world comic con coming to the Indiana convention center feb 15. More movie, video games. Comic books and stars. Plus more scantily clad ladies and better costumes. Less guys who's mom is cleaning out the basement while they play games four day straight and wear adult diapers so they don't hAve to get up from the table. Not that I do not enjoy gen con. It just get rather smelly after the first 2 days. And you guys think the Indy 1500 is smelly.

Sounds like history repeating itself. The sandwich is the invention of the Earl of Sandwich, a compulsive gambler, who had the staff put slices of meat on bread so he wouldn't have to get up from the gambling table to eat.

Perhaps this would be a good event for non-nerds as well. If there are the advertised females and the nerds are all too busy managing dice in all sizes possible within the limitations of three-dimensional geometry, it sounds like it may have something for everyone! :):

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I'm by no means racist, but doesnt it throw up a flag when the talk about how they have to step up law enforcement for the BLACK expo? You didnt hear them saying anything like this when the NRA convention was in town. In fact, they made a point to mention that crime rates were down when the NRA convention was in Indy.

In other words, I'm by no means racist, but I like to create posts that stir up racist talk.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    There is a good reason they step up presence during these events. Experience. Downtown it isn't the families or older generation but mostly the young men that cause trouble with shootings in the past. Indy 500 it is the drunken idiots that cause trouble. If any other events had similar outcomes, they too would be on the list.

As far as people avoiding downtown during these events I think is just silly. I live downtown and it really isn't a problem.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Solid IMPD presence in Broad Ripple for the Indiana Microbrew festival. Apparently white guys with shave heads who wear sandals are a major concern in Indianapolis?

Come on, guys, its the number of people. Who it is has nothing to do with it.

There were a lot of cops for the NRA annual meeting. They were bored, but the city still had them there.

Top Bottom