• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    How do you propose we drain those corporate swamps?

They're serving their own corporate interests.

Who believes they have any other duty than to their own bottom line?

Why would they even investigate an issue it wouldn't behoove them to report to you?

We can't (and shouldn't be able to). What we should be able to do is agree with those intelligent enough to see the treasonous actions of the media and simply refuse to grant them access. The press is free and so am I, those are guaranteed. I'm not entitled to a White House press briefing because I am free and neither should anyone in the press who has demonstrated a propensity toward political bias. Let them report from the sidewalk along 1600 Pennsylvania Av NW. A free press is no more important than an unbiased press, if they won't control their behavior we should be attempting to do it for them.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    We are all conditioned to recognize WAR as two opposing groups in differing uniforms meeting in a theater of war with small arms and other weapons. The UNITED STATES is, even as we speak in a civil war. Even if no one recognizes it.

Unfortunately the attacking left has a philosophy like that of the time of Fredrich Nietzche, that is, "it is not that we should succeed, as much as that you should fail". I guess no one has studied the Bolshevick revolution where even after succeeding take over of the Czar system, they failed the populace as they had no plan to actually keep the country running.

We do not hear rifle shots at this point of the battle, but that does not mean that we are not in what will be mortal combat.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We are all conditioned to recognize WAR as two opposing groups in differing uniforms meeting in a theater of war with small arms and other weapons. The UNITED STATES is, even as we speak in a civil war. Even if no one recognizes it.

Unfortunately the attacking left has a philosophy like that of the time of Fredrich Nietzche, that is, "it is not that we should succeed, as much as that you should fail". I guess no one has studied the Bolshevick revolution where even after succeeding take over of the Czar system, they failed the populace as they had no plan to actually keep the country running.

We do not hear rifle shots at this point of the battle, but that does not mean that we are not in what will be mortal combat.

Yes. It's a culture war. And both sides want to win the power of the stick to beat the other side with it. I think it would be better to take the stick away. A weaker government can't enforce either side's will.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yes. It's a culture war. And both sides want to win the power of the stick to beat the other side with it. I think it would be better to take the stick away. A weaker government can't enforce either side's will.
    But it is OK for your side to use the stick on the other guys. It is just not OK for them to use it on your side.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But it is OK for your side to use the stick on the other guys. It is just not OK for them to use it on your side.

Exactly. Neither Republicans nor Democrats can be trusted with the stick, so I'd just like to take it away. Give democrats the stick and they take people's money away who've earned it and give it to people who didn't. Give Republicans the stick and they smack us with stupid **** like the PATRIOT act. Domestically the stick should only be powerful enough to protect citizens' rights. Actual rights. Not the made up positive ones.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump will resign if it looks like he'll be impeached.

I think that was Pence's Gambit when he fought for the VP role. He had a strong feeling that the Trump Train wouldn't be able to make it all the way to the end of the line.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think that was Pence's Gambit when he fought for the VP role. He had a strong feeling that the Trump Train wouldn't be able to make it all the way to the end of the line.

Some people are starting to suspect Pence is behind the leaks.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

This was my "Upside thinking" during the campaign run all the way to the inauguration.
    People are forgetting that this is the same exact Trump they voted for. Or should I say voted against HC.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This was my "Upside thinking" during the campaign run all the way to the inauguration.
    People are forgetting that this is the same exact Trump they voted for. Or should I say voted against HC.

Hey, remember my sig-line during the campaign?

Pence 2017! :rockwoot:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    You would think that they would have learned a valuable lesson with "The Nuclear Option" but I guess that would require some level of abject intelligence.

Our elections have largely become popularity contests for many, their lives have become so empty and meaningless they need someone to worship rather than someone who will actually represent their best interests. These cries for impeachment with zero qualifying cause are simply reinforcing the level of their intellectual immaturity. The left is a nation of children with the attention span of gnats and concerned with nothing more than immediate gratification and completely unable to cope with not getting their way. It won't change until folks start going hungry.

So! Much! Win! In this post. A lot of wisdom packed in a concise post. I would like to subscribe to your blog. :-)

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I cant imagine them wanting a wholly more solid right winger in place, unless they are just generally upset that someone outside the establishment was elected. Heaven forbid an average american would make it into the highest office in the land not wholly backed by the royalty that is either the D or R mainstream machines. That MUST have something to do with it.

You nailed it. When he's being attacked by the "good ol' boys" of both parties, it's a sure sign Trump isn't one of the club members. They resent having him be the head guy.

Exactly. Neither Republicans nor Democrats can be trusted with the stick, so I'd just like to take it away. Give democrats the stick and they take people's money away who've earned it and give it to people who didn't. Give Republicans the stick and they smack us with stupid **** like the PATRIOT act. Domestically the stick should only be powerful enough to protect citizens' rights. Actual rights. Not the made up positive ones.

It's pretty bad that I now trust Trump more than the mainstream of either the D or R parties. They have both given us an awful lot of crap to be rightfully upset about. If Trump pisses off both of those "swampy" entities, it seems reasonable to suspect that he actually wants to do the right thing (despite all of his flaws). He really doesn't have much of anything to gain (already a billionaire, celebrity, etc.), but seems to have a whole lot to lose (privacy, control of his businesses, faces endless criticism, etc.). I can't imagine why he wanted the job other than some combination of ego and altruism.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I don't think Pence is a cloak and dagger type operator. I think he is more of a serious business stabilizing type with a strong sense of duty.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't think Pence is a cloak and dagger type operator. I think he is more of a serious business stabilizing type with a strong sense of duty.
    Pence is not above playing the games that need to be played. But, I also doubt he's the source. He may be turning a blind eye to who he suspects is the source - and he's planted MANY people within the administration that are loyal to him. I know of one within the AG's office that would not hesitate to help Pence if he thought he could do so safely.

Pence isn't leaking, because he doesn't have to.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Pence is nobody's fool. When he took the job, he knew one of two things would happen: Trump gets impeached and he's POTUS or Trump serves a term or two and he follows up like Bush 1 did after Reagan.

At this point, only a fool would predict where Trump's presidency will go.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...I think that was Pence's Gambit when he fought for the VP role...

Ok, well...if by "fought," you actually mean "was the last non-radioactive choice remaining who didn't refuse the role," then m'kay.

I maintain that this is all just titillation material for democrats, to sustain enthusiasm to get their butts off couches for the midterms. They are well aware how difficult the prize they're dangling is to actually deliver. They've even got ol' Kut ready to bet his Obama Inauguration Commemorative Plate that it's gonna happen. This is the most fun I've had watching politics in for, like, ever.

They better write their checks with some caution, because if the prophesied Dem majority doesn't materialize as expected, and Trump is still the man, some of the Kool kids might be so crushed and dejected, they may well give up on politics altogether. This enthusiasm bubble they're building could have a big, big downside if they can't deliver the goods.

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    How do you propose we drain those corporate swamps?

They're serving their own corporate interests.

Who believes they have any other duty than to their own bottom line?

Why would they even investigate an issue it wouldn't behoove them to report to you?

From the Declaration of Independence:

— That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. —

Top Bottom