• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dems are like teenage girls with their wedding book all made up.they have everything set except the biggest part, the crime (or groom)

The republicans investigated Clinton for everything under the sun, they impeached him for lying...and they lost.

The republicans couldn't reasonably prove Bill effin' Clinton was a liar...just let that sink in for a minute.

I can't help but think the democrats are going to keep investigating until they actually find something actionable, or until there is a new president. The republicans used the Clinton investigations to successfully limit his effectiveness on several agenda items, especially in the later years. The democrats would be stupid to impeach (at least with what is currently publicly known about the president and his dealings) at this point, but they might realize some advantage from a never-ending series of investigations into "possible wrongdoings".

The more I see, the more I become convinced it's all just theatre. It doesn't matter who the miller is...the millstone is turning and it will grind meal.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The republicans investigated Clinton for everything under the sun, they impeached him for lying...and they lost.

The republicans couldn't reasonably prove Bill effin' Clinton was a liar...just let that sink in for a minute.

No, they just couldn't get democrats to vote based on principle and the evidence.

There was a time in living memory when politicians put country before party. In spite of their party being in control, Nixon was impeached and Jim Wright was ousted as speaker of the house.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [snip]
    The more I see, the more I become convinced it's all just [STRIKE]theatre[/STRIKE] Kabuki. It doesn't matter who the miller is...the millstone is turning and it will grind meal.

Not really a fix. The elaborate stylings and total disquise of the actors in Kabuki just seems more apropos

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    No, they just couldn't get democrats to vote based on principle and the evidence.

There was a time in living memory when politicians put country before party. In spite of their party being in control, Nixon was impeached and Jim Wright was ousted as speaker of the house.

Nixon was not impeached, much less convicted by the Senate; but he very likely may have been had he not resigned.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Cruising around Missouri yesterday I listened to an interview of Larry Nichols from last week.
    He thinks the deep state types want to impeach Trump and kick in the COG FEMA emergency model (previously made legal) that will allow the republithugs and dummycrats to suspend the constitution and therefore put who and whatever they are told in the chair. Then the president is king until the king says otherwise and the congress critters go home to be what, regional dukes? Interesting theory on how it could legally go down. I'm tending towards wondering on how long it will take the Marines to think it over.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Cruising around Missouri yesterday I listened to an interview of Larry Nichols from last week.
    He thinks the deep state types want to impeach Trump and kick in the COG FEMA emergency model (previously made legal) that will allow the republithugs and dummycrats to suspend the constitution and therefore put who and whatever they are told in the chair. Then the president is king until the king says otherwise and the congress critters go home to be what, regional dukes? Interesting theory on how it could legally go down. I'm tending towards wondering on how long it will take the Marines to think it over.

Probably should lay off the Larry Nichols. I doubt the hangover is worth it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok, well...if by "fought," you actually mean "was the last non-radioactive choice remaining who didn't refuse the role," then m'kay.

Not sure what the point of this revisionism is. Pence may not have been as radioactive as some of the others, but he sure glowed a bit from the RFRA debacle. People I trust have described some of the mechanics of the choice and - regardless of the quality of the opponents - Pence competed hard for the job. Trump could've gone several different directions, but Pence convinced him to go his way.

Again, not sure why a different narrative is being floated about it, other than to build in anti-Pence demagoguery.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

I can't help but think the democrats are going to keep investigating until they actually find something actionable, or until there is a new president. The republicans used the Clinton investigations to successfully limit his effectiveness on several agenda items, especially in the later years. The democrats would be stupid to impeach (at least with what is currently publicly known about the president and his dealings) at this point, but they might realize some advantage from a never-ending series of investigations into "possible wrongdoings".

The more I see, the more I become convinced it's all just theatre. It doesn't matter who the miller is...the millstone is turning and it will grind meal.

I was young at the time, but my recollection was not that the republicans investigated Clinton, more that an investigator investigated issues related to Clinton and he perjured himself during that investigation, which prompted impeachment proceedings.

As was said above, Dems would never vote to convict. They wouldn't have voted to nail Hillary either for her crimes. They wouldn't even indict her.

It's hard to take down a Democrat. Republicans, they just throw their injured to the wolves who then quits

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I was young at the time, but my recollection was not that the republicans investigated Clinton, more that an investigator investigated issues related to Clinton and he perjured himself during that investigation, which prompted impeachment proceedings.

As was said above, Dems would never vote to convict. They wouldn't have voted to nail Hillary either for her crimes. They wouldn't even indict her.

It's hard to take down a Democrat. Republicans, they just throw their injured to the wolves who then quits
    If memory serves, the perjury was committed during a deposition in a civil sexual harassment lawsuit filed by Paula Jones.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Are the attempts to remove the president from office really going to progress into an impeachment?
    I hope not but hopes will not do much towards applying pressure on DC.
    It appears to be time for letters, post cards, emails, phone calls, telegrams, carrier pigeons...
    And reminders about the upcoming elections.

Impeachment for what?

After more than a year of solid 24/7 investigation, and no evidence of anything, Trump is probably the most squeaky clean person to ever reside in DC.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Masterabatory fantasies following the lead of Maxine waters, you have to be a ****ing moron to go down that road.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "Masterabatory fantasies" and "Maxine Waters" should never be used in the same sentence...:)

The two seem to fit in the right context. My guess is that she has plenty of them given the remarkably small chance she has for ever experiencing the genuine article.

Top Bottom