• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Down south they call it "swaytay."

When you order tea, the waitress will ask, "Y'all want swaytay or unswaytay, hon?"

:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Down south they call it "swaytay."

When you order tea, the waitress will ask, "Y'all want swaytay or unswaytay, hon?"

:D

No no no. You've got it wackbards. Down south, "sweet tea" is called "tay" and "unsweet tea" is called "what? I don't think we have that."

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Okay! I stand corrected.

However, when they suspect they have a yankee for a customer, sometimes they will be more explicit and use the long form!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    And don't forget: if you want a Coke, you say "Coke". If you want a Pepsi, you say "Coke". If you want a Mt. Dew, you say "Coke". If you want..well, you get the idea.

ARININ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    what about if you own a boat lets say a 30ft on lake Michigan, its a illegal to take it 20 miles out and let loose with your collection?

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    How is the Sweet Tea?
    That's just what I was after. Just a quick trip thru the D-T window for a swaytay for my wife and a Diet Coke for me.
    No: I was NOT showing off!!! I almost didn't go inside to get drinks because I didn't feel like it. I had a tough day at work I was dusty and grimey... but I also don't want to give up my rights just because I didn't have my cover shirt on.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    NOT a good idea! You know who's in charge of the lake? It's a navigable waterway and falls under the coast guard's jurisdiction.

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    I think the lake is also under the juridiction of the state whose portion of it you happen to be in. Indiana's border doesn't extend 20 miles out, so you would be in either Michigan or Illinois. I can't say I would want to answer to the Coast Guard or the Illinois DNR for discharging a firearm. On the other hand, what are the odds of getting caught in such a huge body of water? :)

stillwaters

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Its not a question of getting caught, its a question of safety. If a .22 can travel a mile straight, how far do you think a bullet could travel skipping water? Would you want to be boating anywhere near 'revelers' such as yourselves?

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    No, it's definitely about just being stupid and suffering all consequences...

If Indiana only extends 10 miles, Michigan doesn't extend 568 miles south to meet. Lake MI is controlled by the USCG. To catch you they'd use a helicopter and ban you on your way in to your channel and slip. If you've ever taken a boat onto the lake you'd know that there aren't many places to depart from in Indiana. Of course you could run your ship aground anywhere to flee...

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    If Indiana only extends 10 miles, Michigan doesn't extend 568 miles south to meet.

It does, actually. Indiana owns the southern tip of the lake, Illinois/Wisconsin own the western half and Michigan owns the eastern half. There is no point in Lake Michigan that is not within a State's boundary. Yeah, the Coast Guard does patrol it, but you would be subject to the laws of whichever state you happened to be in at the time. The DNR of each state can also patrol its portion.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that it is a bad idea to go out and unload who knows what across the lake. I also imagine that ARININ wasn't being completely serious when he asked the question.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There is a big difference between carrying/possessing a gun in the boat and actually shooting for recreational purposes from the boat over the water.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We can carry in hospitals but if the hospital asks you to leave you have to leave or you are guilty of tresspass. The law is clear, you can carry into private enterprises/hospitals/etc that are posted NO GUN zones but you must leave if asked. So carry concealed and it is not an issue.

Top Bottom