IN considering ban on hand-held phones while driving.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Oh this is a feel good law and te politicians will use voting yes to get votes.
    We lose more and more freedoms everyday. Indiana is becoming just like the east an west coast cities. All the yuppies moving here and pushing this kind of ****.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    They passed this as a Federal law for us commercial drivers a year or two back. I still see it about everyday. And I have yet to hear of anybody getting busted for it.

But we can still use our CB's! Cord and all!

It's a stupid proposal. It is no different that taking a drink of coffee, pop or whatever.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    They passed this as a Federal law for us commercial drivers a year or two back. I still see it about everyday. And I have yet to hear of anybody getting busted for it.

But we can still use our CB's! Cord and all!

It's a stupid proposal. It is no different that taking a drink of coffee, pop or whatever.

As much stooopid as I witness involving phones and driving, more power to 'em. Charge 'em out the arse and lower the property taxes.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    This is ridicules. If I stopped for every phone call I get I wouldn't get anywhere, Im a Realtor that is why. I could see writing a ticket if I get into an accident and they can prove I was on the phone but not otherwise. I have a feeling this will become a B.S. reason to stop someone and harass them.

spaniel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Lizton
    This is ridicules. If I stopped for every phone call I get I wouldn't get anywhere, Im a Realtor that is why. I could see writing a ticket if I get into an accident and they can prove I was on the phone but not otherwise. I have a feeling this will become a B.S. reason to stop someone and harass them.

The number of phone calls you get for your job is entirely independent of what the safety risk is of being on the phone while driving. I've got a decent commute and practically every idiot driving stupid is on the phone...I couldn't care less what their profession is.

I rarely, rarely answer the phone while driving. When I have, I fully admit that I can tell my attention is not what it is when not on the phone. And that's not event texting or doing anything else diverting the eyes.

I say go for it. If your phone calls are so important, apparently driving is not important enough to be doing it simultaneously. The bimbo who totaled my car last year was still chatting on her phone when she got out of the car.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'm a runner.....as in distance running, track and field, etc... I run on the roads for 10+ miles per day.

I almost get hit by morons in their cars every single week. I've been actually hit multiple times. You know who it is that's not paying attention and not looking 99% of the time? People calling or texting on their cell phones. I look in their windows and see them. If I wasn't the one paying attention, I'd be dead by now because those idiots are not paying any attention. A toddler would drive better.

Ban them. I really hope they do. And I hope it's enforced.

The only thing people should be doing when they are driving is.....driving. You're operating a multi thousand pound piece of steel that can travel very fast and can kill very easily. That should not be taken lightly just because you do it every day and "think you're good at it."

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    The number of phone calls you get for your job is entirely independent of what the safety risk is of being on the phone while driving. I've got a decent commute and practically every idiot driving stupid is on the phone...I couldn't care less what their profession is.

I rarely, rarely answer the phone while driving. When I have, I fully admit that I can tell my attention is not what it is when not on the phone. And that's not event texting or doing anything else diverting the eyes.

I say go for it. If your phone calls are so important, apparently driving is not important enough to be doing it simultaneously. The bimbo who totaled my car last year was still chatting on her phone when she got out of the car.

I do know my limitations, I was at one time a professional driver. Depending on the conversation I will pull over or call back. I still don't think it is any business of the state.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wouldn't be surprised to see this get passed. There's a lot of animosity out there for people talking on their phones while driving.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom