• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    As close as you can probably get to what you are looking for is the CZ-75 B SA. I want one of these so bad it hurts. Have too many other irons in the fire right now for one but it will be mine one of these days.

CZ-USA -> CZ 75 B SA It is everything you asked for but the compact size. Extra mags can be had at Midway USA for around $25-ish and Safariland makes great holsters for the CZ-line of pistols.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    As close as you can probably get to what you are looking for is the CZ-75 B SA. I want one of these so bad it hurts. Have too many other irons in the fire right now for one but it will be mine one of these days.

CZ-USA -> CZ 75 B SA It is everything you asked for but the compact size. Extra mags can be had at Midway USA for around $25-ish and Safariland makes great holsters for the CZ-line of pistols.
    What about the RAMI?

A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    How about the P-01.... CZ-75 compact

you should take a look at the P-01

picture.php

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have been looking hard at the CZ 2075 RAMI. I think it may fit all of the criteria. I just need to find one at the right price.

curtissp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I dont know a whole lot about hand guns but got the SR9C a month ago my first hand gun ever. Went to the range and put 150 rounds thru it and is very accurate and work perfectly. What sold me on the SR9C was the way it fit in my hands after I held it I didnt want to let go LOL. But I like the gun not to big and not to small should make for a nice gun to carry concealed. My two cents worth.

garyindiane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Bright, Dearborn County
    I am a 1911 guy so thumb safeties are natural for me. In fact, I prefer them. I don't seem to be able to find all that I want in any 9mm. I guess I am too picky. The things I am looking for:

Must be a 9mm.
    No DAO
    A manual safety
    Magazine capacity of at least 10. More is better.
    A compact frame
    A gun capable of firing a variety of different SD rounds.
    Easy to find accessories such as holsters, magazines and grips.
    Three dot sights.

Have any suggestions?

Beretta Px4

Ocelot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Bloomington
    There are plenty of great 9mm out there in and around that same size and price range. If the 92 is a consideration then I'd recommend the M&P9 Pro 4.25" with night sites or a CZ-75 in 9mm. Of the 3 you have listed I'd take them in the order you posted but all 3 are great guns.

I agree I own a cz75d it's a compact. Very Nice! I will only own 9mm carry guns.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I dont know a whole lot about hand guns but got the SR9C a month ago my first hand gun ever. Went to the range and put 150 rounds thru it and is very accurate and work perfectly. What sold me on the SR9C was the way it fit in my hands after I held it I didnt want to let go LOL. But I like the gun not to big and not to small should make for a nice gun to carry concealed. My two cents worth.
    My buddy just bought an SR9C a week ago. We got to shoot it this week and it was great. I know what you mean about not wanting to put it down. The only reason I don't for for one (and I know it's stupid) is that he already has one and what would be the fun of that? We shoot together a lot and part of the fun is shooting each others weapons. Therefore, I illogically elimanate any gun he already owns from consideration. Make sense? Of course it doesn't.:D

Ocelot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Bloomington
    My buddy just bought an SR9C a week ago. We got to shoot it this week and it was great. I know what you mean about not wanting to put it down. The only reason I don't for for one (and I know it's stupid) is that he already has one and what would be the fun of that? We shoot together a lot and part of the fun is shooting each others weapons. Therefore, I illogically elimanate any gun he already owns from consideration. Make sense? Of course it doesn't.:D

Makes perfect sense.
    I have a friend that we do the same thing.

Primordial

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    SouthEast Indiana
    My suggestion is to go in and hold every 9mm in the place. And if the store wants your business they may even let you holster the weapon to find the perfect fit. I know with my last purchase I thought I had my mind made up going in based on reviews and what everyone else liked. But after holding every 9mm in the place I came out with a gun that wasn't even on my list (M&P9c).

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I recently purchased an sr9c to carry in lieu of my mp9c. I really like my m&p but it doesn't have the thumb safeties which I decided I wanted. The Ruger is slightly longer than the m&p, about a quarter of an inch. I do like the trigger on the Ruger a bit better. It feels a bit lighter and has a more distinctive reset. They weigh about the same. The m&p can carry 2 more rounds in the compact mags (12 vs. 10).

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I recently purchased an sr9c to carry in lieu of my mp9c. I really like my m&p but it doesn't have the thumb safeties which I decided I wanted. The Ruger is slightly longer than the m&p, about a quarter of an inch. I do like the trigger on the Ruger a bit better. It feels a bit lighter and has a more distinctive reset. They weigh about the same. The m&p can carry 2 more rounds in the compact mags (12 vs. 10).

M&P makes a version with a safety, just curious why you went with a different brand..

Oh, and if you don't like the M&P I would be willing to take it as a donation :D

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    the SR9c is a very nice gun; it's very smooth and accurate. My wife loves shooting it but says the slide is too hard for her to pull back. I haven't had any experience with the others on your list.

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    M&P makes a version with a safety, just curious why you went with a different brand..

Oh, and if you don't like the M&P I would be willing to take it as a donation :D

Not ready to put the m&p up for donation just yet. :D. Cost was the primary reason. I was able to pick up a used sr9c for about $150 less than the smith. Plus I wanted to try something new.

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I did forget one negative on the Ruger. It has a mag disconnect safety. However it was very simple to remove.

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    +1 for the SR9c. Like ludlow said, the Mag disconnect safety was really simple to take out. It is my carry piece and I have nothing bad to say about it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom