• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    No! I'm just a beginner who needs to spend time at the range. Please don't take anything I said as a slam on the SR9c. I did a great deal of research on it before I bought it. I've put less than 200 rounds through it. I have a LOT to learn!
    No worries,bud. Just trying to better understand your comment. I am new also to the world of guns, was always interested but frequently distracted,lol.

abrams12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    My favorite 9mm pistol is the Glock 17. This gun is very accurate, extremely dependable, and I can field strip it with my eyes closed. It is a little harder to conceal than a compact or subcompact Glock. But, I wouldn't trade my full size Glock for any other brand of semi auto pistol.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    How concealable it is depends as much on the holster, body type, and clothing as it does on the pistol. I'm a big guy and my standard method of carry is "SCC" or "Sorta-Concealed Carry, meaning I carry a full-sized M&P9 OWB in a CompTac paddle holster loosely covered by a jacket or hoodie. Its concealed enough that its never been mentioned, but probably easily spotted if someone were looking for it. If I go somewhere where I prefer better concealment, I wear the MTAC and it disappears.

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    I want to thank those that participated. To those that showed themselves to be snobs REALLY? If you dont want to be a part of a hypothetical post don't click on it. But don't fault me for being new and being told by friends to join this site because of the awesome convo and experience sharing. Little irritated

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I want to thank those that participated. To those that showed themselves to be snobs REALLY? If you dont want to be a part of a hypothetical post don't click on it. But don't fault me for being new and being told by friends to join this site because of the awesome convo and experience sharing. Little irritated

Like any new guy in the neighborhood, you've got to pick a fight with the baddest MF'er here to get some respect. It has to be with words though. Then, when you get about 15k posts, you get some rep and you can say any stupid thing and not be challenged, or be endlessley ribbed in a loving way. Cheers & welcome from a semi-newbie. BTW I own a Cz 75bd. I'm not a collector, so that's it until I die.
    p.s. somebody else can do a poll on who the baddest MF'er here is....
    p.s. I am for gun control. If you (the collective 'you') don't like it, YCKMA..:popcorn::popcorn::D..

Last edited:

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I would agree based on some criteria. The only thing I didn't like was I felt the mag with the pinky extension was not solid design. While holding and shooting it made the grip feel iffy.

I grip the gun as it was intended, without an extension. Even with an extended mag I practice without the pinky attached.

Hickock45 has a video explaining this.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    Yes, your single stack requirement does throw a monkey wrench into it.

For CC in 9mm I my two favorites are my:

CZ-USA -> CZ 2075 RAMI

and my

Ruger® LC9™ Centerfire Pistol Model 3200

The LC9 isn't exactly the most fun at the range....it shoots like a short barreled, light weight 9mm. It isn't a chore to shoot, but if I'm just out having fun at the range it isn't the first sidearm I pick up.

The RAMI on the other hand, is fun to shoot. This is probably due to the heavier weight of the pistol. However, it is a doublestack handgun.

However, those are just MY favorites! You have to get some into your hand and get some range time with them. Everybody is different and what is ideal for me might not be ideal for you.

Flaregun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    My .02, weight and thickness has a lot to do with my choices. I insist on a firearm that is with me and not on my nightstand at home. Sure there are guys that dress to conceal or have jobs that allow them to have a heavy weight thick double stack but I cannot do that.

I know a few people that got that new "bad boy" showpiece only to leave it in the truck or worse at home once the novelty wears off and the hassle of trying to conceal wears off etc..
    Many of them liked firing my cheap PF-9 and after seeing how I carry it end up buying one.

Basically the gun on your person is superior to any glock or Kimber locked in the truck or gun safe.

BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    between a couple cornfields
    The LC9 is a great gun that meets all of your criteria but I personally couldn't shoot it worth a crap! The SR9C was just as easy to carry (for me) with a better trigger and more accurate.

If you take carrying into your considerations when clothes shopping and combine that with a quality holster and belt, you will be surprised how comfortable and concealable a larger pistol can be.

Top Bottom