In your view which brand really has its act together?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thomas Carey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2011
    In your view which brand really has it's act together? Were talking in terms of design, value, quality, customer service.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    KelTec. Great customer service, and they are about the only brand that is making new, unique designs.

Kel Tec brag that they sell guns 100% US made, their mags are made in Italy.Just saying. :rolleyes:

But I agree they come up with some new designs and dont just copy other brands like others.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    I have a couple of Colts that are great: 1970's Woodsman (.22lr) and 2011 XSE 1911 (.45 acp). I have heard some complaints of quality and other issues in the late 70's and maybe early 80's, but I think they are back on track making quality guns.

I can not comment on customer service because I have never had any issue that needed addressed. Even if you discount 10 years of questionable quality, they would still have over 90 years of great 1911 performance (and many more years for earlier models).

I would take the combination of all the history and the current increased efforts in quality. I think they have identified most of the wrong ways to make a gun and cast these aside to focus on the best ways going forward.

If you like 1911s why not an actual Colt or two? ;)

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I am going to throw Springfield out there. I have shot their XDm models and I own an XD. I have also heard that their 1911's are good quality, and I hope to own one soon. They also shipped my free magazines to me quickly, I had them in under a week. So far they have really impressed me.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I would like to think that Savage Arms has their stuff together. CS is very good from what Ive delt with them. The have a boat load of rifle choices, very nice quality out of the box, and all at a reasonable price

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Different enough that it would be like comparing the steering system of a tank to that of a modern sports car. :D

With that fantastic quote said... my signature should say it all. I dont have experience with many other brands or models of pistol, but I cant complain about a single thing (save for maybe a single stack 9mm *drool*)

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Elmers.:D

what type of guns

kolar
    ceasar guerini
    Browning
    these are great companys with unparallelled warranty and customer service. new ideas and industry changing designs and guns that get shot over 40,000 times a year with no problem . but i bet 75% of this form dont know the first 2 r.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Much to the chagrin of self per-claimed purists I'll say it . . . . . GLOCK !!

He said it! :rockwoot:

glock.JPG

Notice the "PERFECTION" under the logo, it's here for a reason. :): ;)

Glock ist die Perfektion.Damit ist alles gesagt. :dunno:

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    He said it! :rockwoot:

glock.JPG

Notice the "PERFECTION" under the logo, it's here for a reason. :): ;)

Glock ist die Perfektion.Damit ist alles gesagt. :dunno:

While PERFECTION is still more of a goal than an actual attribute, I'd have to concur that Glock has more going for it than the vast majority of manufacturers.

S&W used to make excellent revolvers and still could if they'd forget about the silly internal lock. I've never cared for S&W autoloaders--heck, they even screwed up Walther designs--but the new M&P's are pretty sweet.

Kel-Tec is probably the most innovative with it's new designs and their customer service is really good.

I'm a big fan of Springfield Armory XD's and XDm's--but SA just imports them, they don't actually make them.

For most improved company I'll have to go with Ruger and their line of self-defense hanguns--the LCP, SR9, LCR, LC9, etc. :twocents:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

Honestly, I came into this thread thinking to myself, "I don't know of a single company that just SHINES in all of the areas mentioned in the OP." I guess I forgot about Henry for a little bit.

IMHO, this poster nailed it, Henry shines in EVERY aspect listed above, and the best part, still made in the USA.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In your view which brand really has it's act together? Were talking in terms of design, value, quality, customer service.

There are a lot of great guns...and great gun brands. Personally, I have a lot of positive things to say about both Ruger and S&W in the pistol department. Shotguns....have always liked Remingtons.

Top Bottom