• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I don't think the media will pick up on it, or at least a big deal won't be made of it. They don't usually report about suicides, and someone doing it in public is not something they'd want to call attention to in fear of encouraging copy-cats.

I can say for a fact that this is a policy at the station I work at. Even if we first reported it before it was ruled a suicide, we do not usually talk about it after it has been.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    prayers for ITP, the staff, and the family involved. Here is to hoping there are no lawsuits coming from the family in our sue happy society.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Thoughts sent out to the family and to the staff at ITP. Im sure its affected the good folks who work there as well; Ive met them and they're good people. They should know as well if they need to vent about it or whatever its ok to seek out an outside source...

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Sad news, but on the bright side he did himself and decided not to take others with him or try to go out in a blaze of glory against the employees or police officers.

I was thinking the same thing. It's a very sad and tragic story, but I'm glad he did not decide to harm anyone else in the range with him before he ended it all. There is never telling what a man about to give it all up might do.

bbr1121

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    murca
    Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Situations like this are disturbing for everyone involved. My heart goes out to the family, they need our prayers more than anyone else right now. -matt

MrGreatshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Thank you everyone for your prayers and support.....The range is getting sorted out today...however I beleive Matt and Brian need lots of huggs...so please help them out with that.
    Lets remember this selfish guys family...I could not be prouder of the way the staff and owner with all the first responders have handled this drama. I'm lucky to be apart of ITP:)

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    What an incredibly tragic event. I really hope the workers and witnesses are OK and will be able to talk to someone if they need to. Something like this can be devastating to those who witness it.

This is going to be a lot on the owners shoulders so I hope everyone can be a friend at this time and show support. Looks like the good people of INGO are here for you Brian.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The act of suicide isn't always one of weakness, or thoughtlessness.

It can be downright brave. For some it says they are ready to stop the ride and are secure in their beliefs of an afterlife (or lack of one).

Many a coward has lingered, in an attempt to find an answer........ afraid of not knowing what may lie beyond or how they might be judged.

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    IMHO exiting in public is kinda being a dick.
    Esp a business.
    But sometimes things don't work out the best.

Self exiting at home may cause problems for those family members who find the body, see the mess. Even if done in the yard, or back 10 acres of woods..........what person related to the deceased wants to inherit the place where the act occurred?

Do it in the car? Well what if you own a new car? Kinda stupid to ruin a nice ride somebody could use.

I guess the best way, in thinking/typing this at the same time, would be to nuke yourself in a beater car (to contain the mess), way off the normal path (less chance of being found by the public), with a note sent to authorities.

But that note ahead of time, should things get shifted time wise, could thwart an exit attempt (good or bad).

Last edited:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Sorry to hear this.

Prayers for everyone effected. I think I speak for most, if not all, of INGO when I see we are here for the ITP staff if they need anything.

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    Hookeye, I have no idea who you are or anything about you> I can see how you feel you need to explain your opinions on suicide, they are valid opinions, but I think they are not appropriate at this time on this thread. Please consider removing your posts. Thank you.

bosaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2013
    My condolences to everyone at ITP that had to experience that. Suicide is nothing but a permanent reaction to a temporary problem. I can only guess it was a far left nut trying to die for his cause to get the 2nd Amendment repealed.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My thoughts go out to the family and friends of the person who killed himself. They also go out to the folks at ITP. That was truly selfish of him to take his own life and affect a business that people work hard to keep running. Keep up the great work guys.

I can only guess it was a far left nut trying to die for his cause to get the 2nd Amendment repealed.
    Inappropriate :noway:.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Hookeye, I have no idea who you are or anything about you> I can see how you feel you need to explain your opinions on suicide, they are valid opinions, but I think they are not appropriate at this time on this thread. Please consider removing your posts. Thank you.

No disrespect intended.... but ...
    This is an open discussion and an open thread as far as I can tell. I believe he's free to express his opinion. People have felt free to label the act as selfish and express their opinions on suicide...

But I may be wrong.

Be that as it may, I do feel for the owners and employees as well as the patrons.
    Life's mean and often not fair.
    All the best to those involved.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Life IS mean, and is RARELY fair.

But I have NO sympathy for this man. He could have went into the middle of nowhere, and shot himself, or, if he didnt have a gun, slit his wrists. But NO, he chose to push the effort onto OTHER human beings. While it may have only taken a few muscles for him to end his life, the selfishness in which he did so, means that several men are going home tonight trying to shake off the effects of todays day at work. The blood on their hands, the sights that their eyes took in, and the feelings their brains attach to them. When you decide to end your life this way, ALL you do, is take the load off of your back, and shift it onto others. Now good people have to carry a larger burdon in life, because you werent big enough to take care of your own.

Im sorry that every one who was involved in this situation had to be witness to it, and for those that choose to make situations like this their profession, there is a special place reserved for them, wherever it is we go when its all over.

Top Bottom