• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    It's a public range. If they were following the rules that are in place, who the f cares. People talk about libs being a bunch of sissies.

Guess what when I shoot my 10" SBR indoors it sucks too.... guess we should only be allowed to shoot guns that make other people happy.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It's a public range. If they were following the rules that are in place, who the f cares. People talk about libs being a bunch of sissies.

Guess what when I shoot my 10" SBR indoors it sucks too.... guess we should only be allowed to shoot guns that make other people happy.
    Try it with a Noveske Pig. I think it's a loudener!

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Going to the gun range then complain about gun noise, gun blast and gun smoke.

You see the problem?

Yea...this.
    Suck it up Nancy, it's a ****in gun range! If you go there often then I'm sure for what you pay in range fees you could buy a membership to a private club.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Imagine how unregulated suppressors would have made that a much better day.:D

As usual, Mr. Freeman has won the internet for the day! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not sure a suppressor would do anything for a 338... ?

IMO, the OP should have complained to the RO’s instead of to the shooters.

Yep, to ask to be moved (I wouldn't necessarily have asked for the other shooter to be moved at this point. It is not the other shooter's fault. The person assigning lanes should ask this type of thing.

That would be some suppressor!

It would be, I'm not a suppressor guru, but I'm not thinking a suppressor is going to do jack for a 338 Lapua (Supersonic round, etc).

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Sounds like Atterbury has changed the lanes or lots of folks don't realize they only have 4 lanes of 100 yards. There would be no escaping the muzzle blast from a .338 with a brake. I don't have any rifles with brakes but, if I did and was shooting it in a confined space, I would mention it to nearby shooters...........then fire away.

For an adventure, you should shoot next to a big rifle with a brake on a firing line with a tin roof! :):

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sounds like Atterbury has changed the lanes or lots of folks don't realize they only have 4 lanes of 100 yards. There would be no escaping the muzzle blast from a .338 with a brake. I don't have any rifles with brakes but, if I did and was shooting it in a confined space, I would mention it to nearby shooters...........then fire away.

For an adventure, you should shoot next to a big rifle with a brake on a firing line with a tin roof! :):

Ah, been quite some time since I've been there and didn't realized they had that few 100 yard lanes. Yeah, there would be no getting away from it in that case.

Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    This will be my final post on this forum as it is apparent that idiocy, testosterone, Snowflakiness and macho egotism have made INGO a site that allows idiots and imbreads to try to be as astute as people who have experienced life in the shooting sports for over 50 years.

I've been a shooter for over 50 years. Shot 3 gun, high power matches, FNS, Bowling pin, 22 BSA camp matches, PPC, NRA National Match,
    Silhouette, IPSC, skeet, trap, five stand, clays, bullseye, NRA nationals, etal.

I've shot 50 BMG rifles with and without a brake, 45-70 and 45-100 Sharps, 300 Win Mag, 338 Weatherby Mag, 308 w/brake and with out.
    muzzle blast. When ever I've shot a high conncucsion/muzzle blast rifle, i ALWAYS warned the ;neighboring lanes what I was going to do so
    as a COMMON COURTESY!

Yeah, going to Atterbury, I would expect, .300 Mag, .30-06, 308, blah, blah, blah.

But when RICH SNOWFLAKES, with no caring of whether the effect of a blast of a .338 Lapua Magnum with a muzzle brake has on their neighboring
    lanes and doesn't give a damn lets lose with a blast that blows targets and ,223 stripper clips off my shooting bench is too much.

So F U if you disagree with me and call me out as a *****. I think the same of you.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I've shot between braked 338 Lapuas at Rockcastle before.

It sucks.

In my case, if those shooters had not of been as considerate of me as they were (they wouldn't shoot if I was behind my rifle), I'd have left too.

So I sympathize with OP - a good way to mitigate this is to move the braked shooter toward one end.

YMMV, caveat emptor, etc.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This will be my final post on this forum as it is apparent that idiocy, testosterone, Snowflakiness and macho egotism have made INGO a site that allows idiots and imbreads to try to be as astute as people who have experienced life in the shooting sports for over 50 years.

I've been a shooter for over 50 years. Shot 3 gun, high power matches, FNS, Bowling pin, 22 BSA camp matches, PPC, NRA National Match,
    Silhouette, IPSC, skeet, trap, five stand, clays, bullseye, NRA nationals, etal.

I've shot 50 BMG rifles with and without a brake, 45-70 and 45-100 Sharps, 300 Win Mag, 338 Weatherby Mag, 308 w/brake and with out.
    muzzle blast. When ever I've shot a high conncucsion/muzzle blast rifle, i ALWAYS warned the ;neighboring lanes what I was going to do so
    as a COMMON COURTESY!

Yeah, going to Atterbury, I would expect, .300 Mag, .30-06, 308, blah, blah, blah.

But when RICH SNOWFLAKES, with no caring of whether the effect of a blast of a .338 Lapua Magnum with a muzzle brake has on their neighboring
    lanes and doesn't give a damn lets lose with a blast that blows targets and ,223 stripper clips off my shooting bench is too much.

So F U if you disagree with me and call me out as a *****. I think the same of you.

Uh oh...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

as a COMMON COURTESY!

Speaking of Snowflakes?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

It would be, I'm not a suppressor guru, but I'm not thinking a suppressor is going to do jack for a 338 Lapua (Supersonic round, etc).

Silencers help everything regardless of gun it's put on, internal volume counts for a lot. 50BMGs are often hearing safe while shooting suppressed (bolt guns are quieter too just because there's no blowback coming through the action, and no action noise in general)

338s would be no different. 139db or less, plus you're not redirecting the blast out the side or slightly back, you're containing it and what else is there is being directed forward.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

as a COMMON COURTESY!

So you are calling out the entire forum for expressing opinions that you set in motion.
    If I were to call you any of the names you laid out how would you take it. I know how I am. And not very well.
    I have been in and around shooting longer than you have if 50 years is your time involved. Seen and experienced a lot.

Now, what to do with you. You do realize what you did is well outside the rules. So are you going to step off or can we see an apology in the near future.
    Just one of the inbreeds (you spelled it wrong by the way) and idiots responding.

You can not call out the entire forum.

So good by to you sir.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    ...But when RICH SNOWFLAKES...

A bit ironic? I hope you reconsider your decision to leave. While I understand your frustration of the shooters not giving you any common courtesy, not everyone is going to agree with your stance on this. Name calling and leaving because of that seems a bit over the top. If that's your wish...bye.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Yep, to ask to be moved (I wouldn't necessarily have asked for the other shooter to be moved at this point. It is not the other shooter's fault. The person assigning lanes should ask this type of thing.

It would actually make a huge difference to nearby shooters.

The issue of interest is the pressure waves directed laterally and to the rear toward other people by the ports of the muzzle brake. A silencer would not affect the noise created by the supersonic projectile's motion, but it would eliminate the gases being directed to the sides and rearward and would significantly reduce the sound created by the muzzle blast (the rapidly expanding gases and combustion of unburnt propellant outside of the barrel).

as a COMMON COURTESY!

Someone is unclear on the use of the word "snowflake" in this context. The irony pushes this otherwise mediocre meltdown to a 7.8/10.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

They ALL make me happy. :D (Unless they're being shot AT me. :runaway:)

Top Bottom