• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    This will be my final post on this forum as it is apparent that idiocy, testosterone, Snowflakiness and macho egotism have made INGO a site that allows idiots and imbreads to try to be as astute as people who have experienced life in the shooting sports for over 50 years.

I've been a shooter for over 50 years. Shot 3 gun, high power matches, FNS, Bowling pin, 22 BSA camp matches, PPC, NRA National Match,
    Silhouette, IPSC, skeet, trap, five stand, clays, bullseye, NRA nationals, etal.

I've shot 50 BMG rifles with and without a brake, 45-70 and 45-100 Sharps, 300 Win Mag, 338 Weatherby Mag, 308 w/brake and with out.
    muzzle blast. When ever I've shot a high conncucsion/muzzle blast rifle, i ALWAYS warned the ;neighboring lanes what I was going to do so
    as a COMMON COURTESY!

Yeah, going to Atterbury, I would expect, .300 Mag, .30-06, 308, blah, blah, blah.

But when RICH SNOWFLAKES, with no caring of whether the effect of a blast of a .338 Lapua Magnum with a muzzle brake has on their neighboring
    lanes and doesn't give a damn lets lose with a blast that blows targets and ,223 stripper clips off my shooting bench is too much.

So F U if you disagree with me and call I think the same of you.
    Bye, don't let the door hit you in the ***

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I still hate to see anyone go, I think the forum is better when we have people that disagree.

However, I will continue to disagree with what he considered inconsiderate. When I make it to a range its usually for a specific purpose (sight something in, diagnose an issue, desire to shoot something, etc ).... I only have so much free time, If I only shot what others would would like I may never get done what I wanted. I get assigned a lane, I go to that lane, I follow the rules of the range, and shoot what I brought. If that's the only lane available sorry.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm still amused by the use of "snowflake" in that message. It was kind of like me calling a skinny person fat and actually meaning it because I didn't understand the definition or how to use the word "fat" correctly.

Oh, and all of you are fat, but I am not.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I still hate to see anyone go, I think the forum is better when we have people that disagree.

However, I will continue to disagree with what he considered inconsiderate. When I make it to a range its usually for a specific purpose (sight something in, diagnose an issue, desire to shoot something, etc ).... I only have so much free time, If I only shot what others would would like I may never get done what I wanted. I get assigned a lane, I go to that lane, I follow the rules of the range, and shoot what I brought. If that's the only lane available sorry.

I'm with you JM but preventing someone from committing suicide by Mod is almost unstoppable.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm still amused by the use of "snowflake" in that message. It was kind of like me calling a skinny person fat and actually meaning it because I didn't understand the definition or how to use the word "fat" correctly.

Oh, and all of you are fat, but I am not.

His temper tantrum is indicative of his attitude towards others. If not in total compliance with how he sees things then "Boom"
    JMHO of course.

Having to ban someone is the absolute last thing we want to do. Ingo is the sum total of the occupying voices. One less voice tends to leave a hole in the fabric of the forum.

I am not an inbreed. Nor am I a snowflake. And idiot is not something I see as what I am. I can call myself an idiot and have/will. That someone as "Astute" as our departed member would stoop that low is troubling.

Name calling will not be tolerated. Especially at this level.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This will be my final post on this forum as it is apparent that idiocy, testosterone, Snowflakiness and macho egotism have made INGO a site that allows idiots and imbreads to try to be as astute as people who have experienced life in the shooting sports for over 50 years.

I've been a shooter for over 50 years. Shot 3 gun, high power matches, FNS, Bowling pin, 22 BSA camp matches, PPC, NRA National Match,
    Silhouette, IPSC, skeet, trap, five stand, clays, bullseye, NRA nationals, etal.

I've shot 50 BMG rifles with and without a brake, 45-70 and 45-100 Sharps, 300 Win Mag, 338 Weatherby Mag, 308 w/brake and with out.
    muzzle blast. When ever I've shot a high conncucsion/muzzle blast rifle, i ALWAYS warned the ;neighboring lanes what I was going to do so
    as a COMMON COURTESY!

Yeah, going to Atterbury, I would expect, .300 Mag, .30-06, 308, blah, blah, blah.

But when RICH SNOWFLAKES, with no caring of whether the effect of a blast of a .338 Lapua Magnum with a muzzle brake has on their neighboring
    lanes and doesn't give a damn lets lose with a blast that blows targets and ,223 stripper clips off my shooting bench is too much.

So F U if you disagree with me and call me out as a *****. I think the same of you.

PBooth-Well, bye.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I see his point about how some brakes are not shooting line friendly.

So if you had a gun that ejected brass so forcefully directly to the right that it would hurt, its the poor shooter 3' to your right that needs to suck it up? Or should you request the far right bay, or a bay with an empty spot to your right because you know there is a potential issue with stuff being sent forcefully into an adjacent shooter's space?

Loudness is one thing. That is expected. Its the hot gasses to the face (and behind your eyepro) because the brake is directing the gasses directly at the shooters to your sides that is the issue.

But screw everyone in your way. Its their fault for your choice of weapon accessories. :rolleyes:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I love how he had to establish his manliness by telling us all about the big guns he has shot in the past.

What I found amusing was "...When ever I've shot a high conncucsion/muzzle blast rifle, i ALWAYS warned the ;neighboring lanes what I was going to do so as a COMMON COURTESY!..."

So basically what he would do is walk up to folks and say, not ask, "Hey ya'll, I'm about to really be rude, obnoxious and uncouth by firing a super big, ugly weapon near you. Its going to make your time here really uncomfortable and it sucks to be you but hey, you've been warned.:shoot:"

I now see what he was complaining about. It's obvious guys. They didn't :bow: to his obvious superiority and show him the same treatment he earned by firing and competing with all those big guns of his.

A true shame what this world is coming to...:ugh:

All that said Churchmouse is right. Too bad he couldn't take some pushback and possibly reflect on his own perception and ponder whether he was being too sensitive himself. Perhaps he was, perhaps not. Now we'll never know due to his inability to take a little heat from others with very similar experiences.

Regards,

Doug

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    When I first built my 10.5" 5.56 SBR (post stamp), I did initial sighting in @ indoor range. It does have a brake. I picked far right lane so I'd be as far away as possible. There was a family with a child, I estimate 17ish years old. In my head, I figured he'd think this was pretty cool. After first few shots, noticed something weird, & quit firing. The teenager (all 6' & 225 lbs, estimated) was crying & holding onto mom because the gun was to loud & he was scared.

At this point, I was lucky & red dot was pretty close (just off bullseye), so I went ahead & packed up for later trip (next decent weather day) at outdoor range.

No idea if kid had other issues, his dad had quite the "perplexed" look on his face.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    My son got back from hunting in Montana and was looking to purchase a new rifle in 300 WSM. He had borrowed a hunting buddy's 300 up in camp and decided he really liked the rifle. With the muzzle brake, he said felt recoil wasn't much different than his .270. I asked him about the noise. He said, yeah it's disturbing.

In the end, he's decided to either get a .308 or 30-06, depending on the availability of LH bolt actions.

I'm sort of on the "courteous" side of this for public ranges. When you have a weapon that reduces punishment to your shoulder at the expense of punishing fellow shooters, it is encumbent upon you to reduce your interference with the enjoyment of the facility by others. As John Wayne said: "I hate rudeness in a man".

Shooting a .338 with a brake on a crowded bench setup is rude, dude.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have been in the OP’s position more than once. It’s verry frustrating when you post a rant expecting everyone to jump on board with you by telling you how right you are. (Pink implied)

As normal the public flogging begins.
    Then I try to explain it in more detail because the people disagreeing with me just didn’t grasp the concept of how wrong I was treated.

I want to take the advice given as just an opinion but it just isn’t possible when I’m emotionally attached to the cause.
    My brain is saying walk away it’s just the internet, but I’m drawn back to read what others have posted like a moth to a flame.

By now someone else is emotionally attached or the neighborhood troll is onboard. This is when all hell breaks loose and I wish I had never posted the thread to begin with.

Some people are really good at giving advice, while other just can’t resist the opportunity to sandpaper a wildcats butt.
    Once all the dust settles and the emotions are in check I have reflected back and been able to look at most of the post with an open mind.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Anyhoo,

Yeah, common courtesy isn't so common anymore.

The "F you, it's my right" attitude is way too prevalent. The "man up", or whatever, response is tired.

Notice how I said that without throwing a tantrum? That's pretty eye-roll worthy too.

Relax people. If recreational shooting isn't enjoyable for you, and likewise, causes you to be a d-bag, maybe try jigsaw puzzles.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So it seems a few folks know our OP. It also seems he is deeply involved in the shooting sport/passion.
    I am to understand that out in the real he is a stellar individual.
    Why is it that the anonymity of a set of keys sends folks into a rage.

People, think about what you post. Please.

Top Bottom