• goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    MEH...

If someone can't go without their carryout one day of the week, they have issues. We have many other things that need to be addressed in the Statehouse before spending any significant time on this. :twocents:

How long should it take? Those in favor of getting the government out of the alcohol business, say eye.

Did you forget that it's the Gov't we are talking about? :dunno:

They are also in the auto business as well BTW. If someone's beer/booze is SO important to them, they will purchase it on Saturday.

Last edited:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    You mean you do not understand how the Tenth Amendment and the state police powers function?

Or, you just have questions about state police powers?:dunno:

Neither. The back and forth between Hack and I has been about the right to buy something on a particular day of the week and the prohibition of that transaction based on what day of the week the transaction takes place.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    We should support legislation to change Indiana's "protected day off" to a different day seeing as how Sunday is the second most active day for market based economies. Or, we can continue to support big government's interference in the free market.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We should support legislation to change Indiana's "protected day off" to a different day seeing as how Sunday is the second most active day for market based economies. Or, we can continue to support big government's interference in the free market.

How many businesses have done this on their own? It seems like the trend is toward closing on Mondays now. But it's market driven and not lobbyist driven.

Like my local homebrew store - closed on Sunday and Monday. I plan ahead if I want to brew on Sunday. I'm cool with that because it's the owner's choice - not a mandate from the Statehouse.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I can't stand the plan ahead argument, really people, not everyone has the luxury or living and working within 15 miles of each other. The rest don't have the luxury of waking up on a sunday and saying I think I will call 10 friends to come over while I cook ribs, steaks or whatever. I homebrew too but I don't have enough on hand to support a summer's worth of impromptu BBQ's when I have been 2000+ miles away for the whole week.

Top Bottom