• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Remember that there is a significant financial incentive for hospitals to admit Medicare/Medicaid patients that have positives or presumptive positives. CARES tacked on a 20% billing bonus for anyone who could be tagged as a covid patient.

The hospitals have every incentive to cram as many "covid patients" in as possible, for as long as possible, so they can hit up the federal government for the whole thing plus 20% profit. Packing hospitals full of high-yield patients who are not particularly sick and are not consuming labor resources as they sit in a room and work through their sniffle is a great way to make lots of easy money.

Full on COVID symptoms with blood oxygen less than 90% ain't the sniffles.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I'm not talking about regular admits. I'm talking about ICU. Do you actually believe that there are people in ICU that are "not particularly sick," as you put it?

Got anything other than "I bet they are doing this?"

At least in my area, the hospital will tell you not to come unless your blood oxygen is <90%... this is based upon three people I know, two admitted, one not. All 40-50. The 40 year-old is up on his feet, but from the looks of him shouldn't be, the two ~50 year olds in the hospital.

And yeah, Medicare/Medicaid fraud is a real thing... so is prison. :)

And, not purple, you (Ark) know of a hospital admitting people with the sniffles to get COVID money, report them for the fraud reward.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Just heard from a company in Michigan that wants to meet virtual rather than in situ due to their governor's latest edicts.

And the beat goes on and on, on, on, on...

Top Bottom