• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like representative Arnold wants to stick a thumb in the feds eye with his bill. Well, good on him! We'll just have to see if his fellow republicans have the nerve to stand up to the feds and, (if it passes both houses) if Pence will sign it. As usual, the feds could cut off funds to get their way, if it should pass and they don't approve. I will be very interested to see how this one progresses. My guess is there will be a deficiency of spines in the statehouse.

Indiana Bill Would Allow Industrial Hemp Production Without Federal Permission | Tenth Amendment Center Blog

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I suspect you are correct unfortunately. It'd be nice if the feds and states would just get over it already and legalize the crap in all of its forms. We have much bigger fish to fry.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why is everything not done a certain way cowardice? Maybe, just maybe, the other monkeys in the cage do not share the same zeal for hemp that others may?

If these same people cannot manage to pass legislation to recognize a clearly-stated constitutional right, they are in fact chicken sh*t sons of b***hes and are highly unlikely to tackle anything that might **** off Uncle Sugar.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If these same people cannot manage to pass legislation to recognize a clearly-stated constitutional right, they are in fact chicken sh*t sons of b***hes and are highly unlikely to tackle anything that might **** off Uncle Sugar.

Perhaps it is a matter of priorities? Not everyone pushes the dope to the top of the list?

Or, perhaps it is the pro-hemp people that are the cowards. The cowardly pro-hemp people do not care enough to lobby to pass their beloved legislation.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Perhaps it is a matter of priorities? Not everyone pushes the dope to the top of the list?

Or, perhaps it is the pro-hemp people that are the cowards. The cowardly pro-hemp people do not care enough to lobby to pass their beloved legislation.

I was referring to 1056. If they can't get something that obvious and constitutionally based to move I sure as hell don't expect them to do anything that comes with real controversy.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Why is everything not done a certain way cowardice? Maybe, just maybe, the other monkeys in the cage do not share the same zeal for hemp that others may?

I am struggling to think of one reason to oppose the commercial growth of the most versatile plant on the planet. Unless you manufacturer a product such as newspaper, rope, twine, canvas, geotextiles, shoes, cloth, cardboard, margarine, cooking oil, oil paint, solvents, lubricants, printing ink, soap, shampoo, lotion, granola, bio fuels, etc, etc, etc...

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Plenty of countries allow hemp fiber production. While it has varied uses, it hasn't exactly been some Earth shattering miracle crop. I'm not opposed to it, but I think it's silly of people to act like it's going to solve all of man's problems. You'll get a different selection of rope at the hardware store and some new fiberglasses. Everything it does something else already does, and often that something else does a better job anyways.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Plenty of countries allow hemp fiber production. While it has varied uses, it hasn't exactly been some Earth shattering miracle crop. I'm not opposed to it, but I think it's silly of people to act like it's going to solve all of man's problems. You'll get a different selection of rope at the hardware store and some new fiberglasses. Everything it does something else already does, and often that something else does a better job anyways.

It wears a lot better than cotton in clothing, especially jeans.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

The pro-hemp people HAVE been lobbying. For years. We're not talking about cannabis for medicine or recreation, we're talking about industrial hemp. No "dope" involved. This would be a boon for farmers and industry in Indiana, but spineless fed tit suckers will follow their masters wishes, (even when it's Obama's government), regardless of how big an industrial boost it would be. Of course, I could see you arguing against it. Statists gonna state.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The pro-hemp people HAVE been lobbying. For years. We're not talking about cannabis for medicine or recreation, we're talking about industrial hemp. No "dope" involved. This would be a boon for farmers and industry in Indiana, but spineless fed tit suckers will follow their masters wishes, (even when it's Obama's government), regardless of how big an industrial boost it would be. Of course, I could see you arguing against it. Statists gonna state.

THIS! Between special interest groups that would be displaced by this new crop's materials, and the moronic masses that think hemp=pot, shooting it down is easy. Those against can simply lead folks to believe that they are one and the same (or at least not correct someone who makes the incorrect assumption) and the fire extinguishes itself.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What would happen if we just started farming it. Would an attempt to arrest those farmers lead to national attention and forced recognition of the absurdity of the law?
    Wishful thinking.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I doubt they'd need to worry about an out of state mob relentlessly shaming them and threatening to boycott any business that doesn't relent. Opposition to this would come from Republican establishment. Which would consist of back door threats, deals and hand wringing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What would happen if we just started farming it. Would an attempt to arrest those farmers lead to national attention and forced recognition of the absurdity of the law?
    Wishful thinking.

It's worked before. Heck, the law doesn't even need to be absurd. All you have to do is convince a horde of unruly millennials to relentlessly mob shame the people who vote "wrong" and it's a done deal.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No "dope" involved.

Sure, we all believe that. I think if the pro-hemp people were honest about this being a first step to legalization and changing the culture to pro-dope I think they may have more support. However, this stalking horse strategy and the misrepresentations about hemp being some miracle cure for industry/agriculture/hair re-growth is not helping their cause. Heck, a few states have legalized dope and even Illinois has a medical exception now.

Time for the pro-hemp side to stop being cowards.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sure, we all believe that. I think if the pro-hemp people were honest about this being a first step to legalization and changing the culture to pro-dope I think they may have more support. However, this stalking horse strategy and the misrepresentations about hemp being some miracle cure for industry/agriculture/hair re-growth is not helping their cause. Heck, a few states have legalized dope and even Illinois has a medical exception now.

Time for the pro-hemp side to stop being cowards.

Hemp does not equal pot. You're relatively intelligent and should know that, or you're playing games again to make some idiotic point. The medical marijuana/recreational cannabis lobby is not even related to the the industrial hemp issue. As I'm sure you well know. Unfortunately you seem to be stuck in your usual position of equating things that are not equal.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hemp =/= pot. You're relatively intelligent and should know that, or you're playing games again to make some idiotic point. The medical marijuana/recreational cannabis lobby is not even related to the the industrial hemp issue. As I'm sure you well know. Unfortunately you seem to be stuck in your usual position of equating things that are not equal.

Just more cowardice. Just come out and say you want the dope legalized.

Heck, if you would lobby and educate, you might get some legitimate movement in the General Assembly.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So we all agree there are no negative consequences to legalizing industrial hemp, is that correct?

I suppose this could be construed as a cowardly move by the pot movement. But what if it is?

But it if you want to see what real cowardice is, I give you Dermody, Bosma, et al. They just kill anything that smacks of controversy or Liberty in committee. No need to vote against it.

Top Bottom