• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I made my monthly cigar order from Cigars International. I had missed that our conservative, anti tax & spend Republican legislature had slapped yet another big new tax on cigars now. They have just about pushed me to not voting for them for any local/state office.
    But…it’s for your health. Without the nannies in Indy you might die.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Actually not. It is not called the garden state for no reason. You just saw the NY ghettos located in NJ.
    Disagree. NJ as a whole is a ********. The people are assholes. Wifes family are all Jersey escapists. We've been more times than I care to admit. Sure, there are places that look pretty, but you can't afford to live there. When property tax on a 3br/1ba 1900sqft house on 1/4 ac is $16k dollars per year? No thanks.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Disagree. NJ as a whole is a ********. The people are assholes. Wifes family are all Jersey escapists. We've been more times than I care to admit. Sure, there are places that look pretty, but you can't afford to live there. When property tax on a 3br/1ba 1900sqft house on 1/4 ac is $16k dollars per year? No thanks.
    As an East Coaster I will say that, 9.25 Million New Jerseyite's seem to make it work.

Its not uncommon in NJ, NY, MD, VA and other coastal states, that one can make a 10% yearly increase on a homes value. Not much of that in the Heartland.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    As an East Coaster I will say that, 9.25 Million New Jerseyite's seem to make it work.

Its not uncommon in NJ, NY, MD, VA and other coastal states, that one can make a 10% yearly increase on a homes value. Not much of that in the Heartland.
    if you read the second article, that is exactly what we get here. East coasters know east coast things. If it's not there/them, they don't care. Everything else is flyover country with nothing of interest to anyone. I have inlaws still living there. They're ***holes.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    if you read the second article, that is exactly what we get here. East coasters know east coast things. If it's not there/them, they don't care. Everything else is flyover country with nothing of interest to anyone. I have inlaws still living there. They're ***holes.
    Yea, everyone from the east coast is ignorant of the rest of the country...

I just deleted a few good paragraphs as a response to that post of yours, Its just not worth it.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I say F$%# 'em. I lived in many different states during my military era and know Indiana is the place to live. My family has thrived here since they came over from England during the wooden ships days and got here from Ohio. While it may not have all the amenities the MSM says is a "marker" of quality of life, I am a man and thru the providence of God I will persevere wherever I put my head to rest will be my home. I choose here!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “A quick glance at where Americans moved in 2022, however, contradicts the alleged disdain for conservative governance portrayed by New Jersey-based CNBC. It turns out the bottom 10 states that CNBC ranked are such decrepit hellscapes that they also happened to be the top destinations for American movers. Recent polling also reveals the tides turning in the culture wars suggesting that CNBC’s bottom 10 are more in tune with the concerns of the American people.”

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    We "include" all types of weirdos including gunowners, you're free to reproduce all you want, not a single federally-protected class of people is systemically denied their rights here, property taxes are "capped" (heh?), it's theoretically possible to live off free Rural King popcorn, and you can poop on the sidewalk all day long if you don't get caught.

A lot of out-of-staters seem to be realizing the benefits :dunno:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    What a crock of BS! Carmel has repeatedly been rated as one of the very top cities in the entire USA to live in by several top national magazines including MONEY Magazine! Notwithstanding, all those from California and New York and other libtard Democrat controlled states can stay the $ell out of Indiana!!!

Top Bottom