3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    2eaumx3.jpg

That is AWESOME!!!!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I'm just considering a A-r in my jeep.. Not a big fan of leaving a firearm in a locked vehicle without a vault or locking mechanism..I would be devastated to have a firearm stolen.
    but the world is changing and I'm weighing my options and want to make sure I'm proper and laws will effect my decision.

just take care if you go off road & have it loaded.. the DNR might think you are hunting from the jeep..

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    I'm sorry. Maybe I'm not creative enough. As I said I live near the hood. I have to drive down 38th Street everyday. Some nights I can hear the gun shots and the sirens etc etc. I have a hard time imagining a world where I would feel the need in indiana to drive around two pistols AND a rifle to feel safe. And as stated above. If you have to get out to get the rifle, why not just drive away. I drive a jeep too. I know if **** goes sideways I can tank off through someone's yard or a field (if in the country) or over medians /people / fences to get away.

Why would I put my soft fleshy bits outside a metal box if shots were being fired? Life isn't like the movies you're not going to get into a fire fight in the Dunkin donuts parking lot.

When we are attending church, my wife, kids, parents may be spread out at every compass point around the church. In the Texas scenario, I would prefer to have access to a rifle to go back in and protect my family.

Last edited:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    When we are attending church, my wife, kids, parents may be spread out at every compass point around the church. In the Texas scenario, I would prefer to have access to a rifle to go back in and protect my family.

Are you trained for such a case?

You have a small room full of panicked people running around like crazy, a crazy person shooting like mad...and your thought is to run into said room and start shooting?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Are you trained for such a case?

You have a small room full of panicked people running around like crazy, a crazy person shooting like mad...and your thought is to run into said room and start shooting?
    If that's the only real option, then so be it.

If its my family in the room, well... yeah. I'm open to ideas, but can't come up with any other options.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Are you talking about truck vault? I can under cut them by a lot and still make a good profit.

Yep, I'm curious what you could come up with and to take an in person look at your truck vault. What info would you need? Looks like you are in Kokomo, I'm out in Avon/Plainfield area.
    I have a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

I'm might want to get with you and see what we can come up with for a couple different vehicles.
    can you quote a price for the box pictured?

Same.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

If its my family in the room, well... yeah. I'm open to ideas, but can't come up with any other options.

I'm sorry, I hope you dont think I'm picking on you.
    I just feel like your plan is a terrible and unsafe plan.
    You are responsible for every bullet that comes out of your gun. What would happen if you ran back in rifle in hand you fight against adrenaline to try and steady your shot, you take careful aim at the mad man and squeeze the trigger, suddenly a fellow church goer or your wife go running across the building catching your bullet in the temple. A tragic accident, maybe you get the mad man or he surrenders or kills himself. Now you get to live the rest of your life knowing you took an innocent life.

If you are dead set on this plan. Please please please spend the time and money on extra training.

For me personally my guns are the key to escape. If I'm in a theater or mall or store and shooting starts I'm getting down and getting out. If the perp notices me or blocks my exit. Thats the time I start shooting.

I say talk with your family, stay after church one day and walk the rooms and hallways come up with my little emergency egress points. Choose a place easy to get to but away from the building. Plan to meet there.

Fortune favors the prepared.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

You'd leave your family in there and you'd run out to your vehicle? :dunno:

Maybe spend the time developing a plan where everyone gets out.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm sorry, I hope you dont think I'm picking on you.
    My friend, my skin is way thick enough for whatever you intend to bring to the discussion. :D

Indeed, there's no reason we can't discuss the matter politely, even amicably.

I just feel like your plan is a terrible and unsafe plan.

Oh. Point of clarification. That's totally NOT the plan. That's a "oh crap this has gone worse than I ever imagined" scenario.

To the extent there is a plan, it is that we are sitting together, Shooter McShooty starts his shooting in a way that I can engage with my CC'd handgun.

Now, after mass, sometimes we get separated. This may be shocking to some here, but my wife is has considerably more friends than I do. Sometimes when we leave, she ends up talking to these friends while I wait, sometimes patiently, outside. If, in that moment, the shooting starts inside the church, then I really have no choice but to go back in.

For me, personally, that's the only scenario I can think of that has me outside the church while something happens inside that I need to do something about.

Now, it would be incredibly rare for me to have my car there, with a rifle in the trunk. If that was the case, I'd have to make split second decision to go back in with my handgun, or try to get the rifle. I'm pretty sure, I'd just use the handgun.

You are responsible for every bullet that comes out of your gun.

Indeed.

What would happen if you ran back in rifle in hand you fight against adrenaline to try and steady your shot, you take careful aim at the mad man and squeeze the trigger, suddenly a fellow church goer or your wife go running across the building catching your bullet in the temple. A tragic accident, maybe you get the mad man or he surrenders or kills himself. Now you get to live the rest of your life knowing you took an innocent life.
    Indeed.

That would suck beyond measure.

What would also suck would be to continue to wait outside with my cellphone listening to 911 tell me "help is on the way" while I heard shots fired at my family, friends, and frenemies.

If you are dead set on this plan. Please please please spend the time and money on extra training.
    Always good advice.

For me personally my guns are the key to escape. If I'm in a theater or mall or store and shooting starts I'm getting down and getting out. If the perp notices me or blocks my exit. Thats the time I start shooting.
    I'm not out to be a hero. If there's a way to get my family out without engaging, that's the most likely scenario.

If I'm by myself and can escape, the gun probably won't even come out. I have an obligation to my family to avoid, as much as possible, their access to the life insurance funds until it is absolutely necessary.

I say talk with your family, stay after church one day and walk the rooms and hallways come up with my little emergency egress points. Choose a place easy to get to but away from the building. Plan to meet there.

Fortune favors the prepared.
    Indeed.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Thanks for the clarification I was under the impression you were all about the "I'll get muh gun an shoot that feller in the face! " (*Snort..
    *Spit.)

Has your family ever considered getting a ltch ?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Thanks for the clarification I was under the impression you were all about the "I'll get muh gun an shoot that feller in the face! " (*Snort..
    *Spit.)

Has your family ever considered getting a ltch ?
    Well, one of us has. :)

My wife, God bless her, was raised in a household where her dad hunted and was "aware" of guns, but still "uncomfortable" with them. So, she's declined to do that because she doesn't "need" one.

Of course, she has a .38 revolver that's "hers" if there's a bump in the night.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Well, one of us has. :)

My wife, God bless her, was raised in a household where her dad hunted and was "aware" of guns, but still "uncomfortable" with them. So, she's declined to do that because she doesn't "need" one.

Of course, she has a .38 revolver that's "hers" if there's a bump in the night.

Get her a nice taser or mace?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Get her a nice taser or mace?
    The taser is gathering dust in one of the purses she doesn't use. She does have mace.

Its a cognitive dissonance thing.

She doesn't have any need to worry about it. But, if something like that happened, then she'd want as much firepower as she could legally (or illegally, maybe) get.

So, it is something I plan around. :)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Wait... you have the same avatar... are you the same person?

I'm just not a big fan of the, "escape the the shootout, grab gun from truck, return to shootout, kill the bad guy, save the day" plan. It sounds way too movie like. I'd rather use my handgun immediately to terminate a threat and/or escape to safety.

Plus, there's always legal issues to consider... escaping and then re-engaging ... a decent lawyers going latch onto that and paint one helluva bad picture.

And what if I pass by and see you running into a church with your AK15, and then I hear the gun fire so I grab my truck gun and run in...

Top Bottom