• ...and so much more!
  • alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Are you trained for such a case?

You have a small room full of panicked people running around like crazy, a crazy person shooting like mad...and your thought is to run into said room and start shooting?

Yep.:rolleyes:

Or maybe I should curl up in a corner and wait for the professionals to trade shots once half the congregation is dead.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yep.:rolleyes:

Or maybe I should curl up in a corner and wait for the professionals to trade shots once half the congregation is dead.
    Wrong answer.

FMJ was not trying to be snarky, and your response shouldn't be either.

Training is more essential than equipment and should never be sneered at.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    You'd leave your family in there and you'd run out to your vehicle? :dunno:

Maybe spend the time developing a plan where everyone gets out.

Fair enough, but that has already been covered. I serve in the safety and security ministry of our church & am not generally sitting with my family. Kids move to different areas of the church for youth programs. My wife and I have discussed emergency plans with each other and shared with the kids (old enough to understand) these plans for most conceivable emergencies (weather, fire, active shooter, etc). Families need to have a plan regardless of where they are at; church, school, store, etc.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Fair enough, but that has already been covered. I serve in the safety and security ministry of our church & am not generally sitting with my family. Kids move to different areas of the church for youth programs. My wife and I have discussed emergency plans with each other and shared with the kids (old enough to understand) these plans for most conceivable emergencies (weather, fire, active shooter, etc). Families need to have a plan regardless of where they are at; church, school, store, etc.
    Now I'm really not tracking... you're part of a (semi-)formal security team and you're pondering options where you disappear from church then reappear with a long gun? Is this part of the security team plan or would you be going Sgt. Tackleberry at that point?

[ok, ok, that was a little snarky, but I can't go much longer than two minutes without sarcasm.]

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Wrong answer.

FMJ was not trying to be snarky, and your response shouldn't be either.

Training is more essential than equipment and should never be sneered at.

I don't disagree with you that training is more important than equipment...I also don't automatically assume that no one has it. T.lex had it right. I'll shut my pie hole.

Top Bottom