Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    no. cement. its uninviting, its cold, its non nature looking and so much more functional. dont want no neighbor dog sniffing the grass, dont want no bugs in it, or moles or my #1 enemy the raccoon!!!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    and it makes a great exfoliate for one's feet!

no. cement. its uninviting, its cold, its non nature looking and so much more functional. dont want no neighbor dog sniffing the grass, dont want no bugs in it, or moles or my #1 enemy the raccoon!!!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Moral of the story is to always TRY to be neighborly.
    I have a fellow who manages the ranch which borders me on 3 sides.
    He's not perfect.
    I came home one day a few years ago to find my wife standing on the back porch, surrounded by "the pack" and talking on the phone.
    Seems said "neighbor " was claiming to be watching the very same dogs, out in the back pasture, chasing his employer's high dollar cattle. He was behaving badly, and using language unfit for a lady.
    I took about 3 days to calm down, and gave him a call back.
    He was disabused of his misperception, and advised to contact me directly in the future.
    We later found out he'd followed through with his threats to shoot the offending hounds, and was in some Dutch with the constabulary over it. Poor fellow.
    Yesterday was the first time he called.
    Wanted to know if it was ok to back a water tanker up my driveway to refill another tanker out in the front pasture.
    Seems they're having a big auction this weekend, and selling off all of the cattle.
    I told him to be careful.
    Just be neighborly to one another.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Bond reduction hearing was held today. Judge took it under advisement, bond conditions remain the same.

Pre-trial conference 12/20/18, jury trial date 1/15/19.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I came home one day a few years ago to find my wife standing on the back porch, surrounded by "the pack" and talking on the phone.
    Seems said "neighbor " was claiming to be watching the very same dogs, out in the back pasture, chasing his employer's high dollar cattle. He was behaving badly, and using language unfit for a lady.
    I took about 3 days to calm down, and gave him a call back.
    He was disabused of his misperception, and advised to contact me directly in the future.
    We later found out he'd followed through with his threats to shoot the offending hounds, and was in some Dutch with the constabulary over it. Poor fellow.

I've had similar happen, a lady down the block claimed my dogs injured/killed one of her cats. While my dogs have gotten loose, they hadn't that day. And they aren't cat aggressive generally, they live with one. Squirrels on the other hand...

But why did he get in Dutch for shooting dogs chasing cattle? From my basic understanding of the IC, that should be Kosher.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've had similar happen, a lady down the block claimed my dogs injured/killed one of her cats. While my dogs have gotten loose, they hadn't that day. And they aren't cat aggressive generally, they live with one. Squirrels on the other hand...

But why did he get in Dutch for shooting dogs chasing cattle? From my basic understanding of the IC, that should be Kosher.

IC 15-20-2-2 Authority to kill dog injuring livestock

Sec. 2. A person who observes a dog in the act of killing or injuring livestock may kill the dog if the person has the consent of the person in possession of the real estate on which the dog is found.

[Pre-2008 Recodification Citation: 15-5-7-2.]

As added by P.L.2-2008, SEC.11.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Probably made the "news", or it was posted online, and everyone was against the "evil" man that killed the "poor" dogs.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Damn so unless he comes up with some serious cash or collateral hes in jail till January?

ouch!! so basicly U.I.M. will remain in jail until next year!

Maybe. The judge took the bond modification "under advisement" which basically means he didn't decide yes or no. He did direct UIM's counsel to provide more info on his medical condition. Also cancelled his order for two Drs. to perform an evaluation and report to the court.

Probably made the "news", or it was posted online, and everyone was against the "evil" man that killed the "poor" dogs.

Quite possible.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m kinda thinking these day that the progressives have a point about the bond system. It definitely favors the rich. Some states are ending it, and are doing house arrest with a bracelet. I don’t know a lot about effectiveness, but it seems like it would be more equally effective across economic status. All else being equal, a guy who has to hock all he has to be free untill he’s acquitted or convicted, is less of a flight risk than a guy who only has to put up the same amout, though chump change to him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe this gent, who was seeking home healthcare, is actually doing OK in jail?

He'll get treatment for his foot in jail. But one's liberty is a high price for healthcare. But yeah, when it's all said and done he may end up better off in the end if not being in jail means he looses his foot.

MontanaAreaCode

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Noblesville
    Slippery slope, eventually they'll have the secret police show up at your door for posting MAGA on facebook to own the libs. They'll tell you it's a microaggression and aggressive people shouldn't have guns (bull**** too).

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Slippery slope, eventually they'll have the secret police show up at your door for posting MAGA on facebook to own the libs. They'll tell you it's a microaggression and aggressive people shouldn't have guns (bull**** too).

That's almost exactly​ what happened in this case. Scary.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Looks like the motion for bond reduction was denied, but he made bail? A motion to release was filed on 9/20 and there is a note on the docket that cash bond has been "entered in the Clerk's office" in the amount of $99,950.

Who here did that? That's awfully nice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom