• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You folks are silly, it is still their page to run how ever they want too. Where is that butthurt cream

No kidding. Wonder if it would have just fallen between the cracks if left to founder on its own stupidity. Those kind of FB pages are a dime a dozen. What makes this one different?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    They managed to get a lot of PR and media exposure early on...

She had a news blurb on the local media. And for all that they still only have....how many likes/fans/followers/whatever?

Just for the sake of comparison, these are the "likes" for NATIONAL, well-known, entrenched, well-funded (relatively speaking) organizations: the Coalition to stop Gun Violence has only 21,xxx likes; the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence has only 49,xxx likes.

Connecticut Against Gun Violence can't even muster 5,000 after what it just went through.

I'm not buying the fact that she wasn't helped with all the "extra" coverage she got from the peripheral exposure.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Are there any pro gun fb pages with better following?
    I would look myself, if i were a member or whatever.

The NRA has 1.7 million likes.

2nd Amendment has 550,000. (This isn't affiliated with any national/state group. It's just a generic FB page for people who support the 2A.)

GOA has 146,000

Second Amendment Foundation has 26,000

Gun Owners has 139,xxx. (Another generic FB page)

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    She is not just some Mom

Was watching Fox 59 tonight and they had Guy on and this "MOM" . Her name is Shannon Watts. And she is not just some angry Mom. From her Linkedin Profile:

Shannon Watts
    Founder at One Million Moms for Gun Control
    Indianapolis, Indiana AreaPublic Relations and Communications
    Current
    One Million Moms for Gun Control, VoxPop Public Relations
    Previous
    Fleishman-Hillard, WellPoint, GE Healthcare
    Education
    University of Missouri-Columbia

Founder
    One Million Moms for Gun Control
    December 2012 – Present (2 months)Indianapolis, Indiana Area
    A non-profit organization leveraging the power of American moms to demand action by the White House, Congress and state legislatures to strengthen and create new gun control laws.
    President
    VoxPop Public Relations
    December 2008 – Present (4 years 2 months)
    VoxPop Public Relations is a strategic public relations agency that helps individuals, companies and organizations accelerate their growth, profitability, reputation and market presence through media relations, product launches, new media, events and promotions, messaging and media training, and issues management.

Freelance Senior Consultant/Counselor
    Fleishman-Hillard
    November 2010 – June 2012 (1 year 8 months)
    Freelance consultant/counselor for clients of Fleishman-Hillard.

Vice President, Corporate Communications
    WellPoint
    December 2005 – December 2008 (3 years 1 month)
    Led communications team for the country’s largest health benefits company and provided communications support for the country’s highest ranking female chief executive officer. Responsible for enterprise-wide media relations, including investor relations.

Linkedin in case you do not know is like a Face Book for Professionals. And is more stricly controlled you will not be able to connect with her unless you know some one who knows her. But you can create an account and follow her, or you can simply log in as a guest and learn more about her.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think we should encourage this woman to move to Chicago.

They have total gun control, so she should feel safe there right? You know since all the bad guys dont carry guns?..... Right?....

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Shannon Watts is not a 'stay at home mom' who started a grass roots movement. She is a professional agitator/spin artist (depending on who hired her). She owns a PR company and she's trying to make a name for herself. She obviously has very deep connections with the Democrat party. You don't get a job in government PR unless you know the right people.

Public Affairs Officer
    Missouri State Government
    1993 – 1998 (5 years) Jefferson City, Missouri

Worked for Governor Mel Carnahan, the Missouri House of Representatives, and the Missouri Department of Economic Development.

-----
    President
    VoxPop Public Relations

VoxPop Public Relations is a strategic public relations agency that helps individuals, companies and organizations accelerate their growth, profitability, reputation and market presence through media relations, product launches, new media, events and promotions, messaging and media training, and issues management.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Shannon Watts is not a 'stay at home mom' who started a grass roots movement. She is a professional agitator/spin artist (depending on who hired her). She owns a PR company and she's trying to make a name for herself. She obviously has very deep connections with the Democrat party. You don't get a job in government PR unless you know the right people.

Public Affairs Officer
    Missouri State Government
    1993 – 1998 (5 years) Jefferson City, Missouri

Worked for Governor Mel Carnahan, the Missouri House of Representatives, and the Missouri Department of Economic Development.

-----
    President
    VoxPop Public Relations

Agreed. Her "movement" isnt getting press because of numbers, but because of Marketing. Period.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Every time I see a pro 2A picture, I share it on facebook and make sure to tag @One Million Moms for Gun Control... That way her notifications keep going off for being tagged in another picture.

she denied me the right to post comments on her page.. So I frequently re share her pictures w/ dumb comments and tag every opportunity that I can. Hope she gets sick of it :D

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Every time I see a pro 2A picture, I share it on facebook and make sure to tag @One Million Moms for Gun Control... That way her notifications keep going off for being tagged in another picture.

she denied me the right to post comments on her page.. So I frequently re share her pictures w/ dumb comments and tag every opportunity that I can. Hope she gets sick of it :D

Excellent work! :yesway:

Top Bottom