• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I think it's clearly a pandemic. I also think the virus is weakening significantly. plus I'm guessing 5-10X as many people have had it than we know about.

remember 60 million are estimated to have gotten swine flu in the US.

I don't seem to remember the Swine Flu shut downs or mask mandates. :cool:

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I think it's clearly a pandemic. I also think the virus is weakening significantly. plus I'm guessing 5-10X as many people have had it than we know about.

remember 60 million are estimated to have gotten swine flu in the US.

People in my circles are getting it now but it does not seem to be as severe. My daughter says she over it in 7 days. Any thoughts on self test?

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I’m scheduled for a test tomorrow, as a work requirement. I was working offsite last week and there were two possible exposures, with a confirmed case with mild symptoms.

I’m benched until I get so negative tests with no symptoms.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I don't seem to remember the Swine Flu shut downs or mask mandates. :cool:

Big difference, Obama was President then and was already getting beat up over the bad economy, they couldn't deal with that too lol. The media ran some good interference for him, even when the WHO declared it 'unstoppable' the story ran on page three behind the balloon boy story. It's actually pretty interesting to look at our response back then keeping in mind that we didn't know at the time that it would turn out to be pretty mild. Actually to his credit the one person to sound an alarm was Joe Biden but he was very quickly shut down and put back in the basement. In reading the article up thread about Pelosi's insistence on testing funding and all the comments by many here i'm reminded of our discussions about widespread testing. People may not know that back in 2009 the Obama CDC shut down widespread testing saying it was irrelevant as many here have said. From the WHO back in 2009: Now that swine flu is everywhere in the United States, the CDC says that counting confirmed cases has become largely irrelevant. It has switched instead to its traditional surveillance systems for monitoring flu-like symptoms by looking for patterns, clusters and changes in flu activity nationwide. Other countries will surely follow suit as their outbreaks progress. Heavy surveillance teamed with rapid isolation and treatment of individual cases only makes sense at the very earliest stage of an outbreak in a region, when there is a possibility of slowing the initial spread. It becomes irrelevant once the virus is spreading widely within the community, as it is in the United States.

I'm guessing if you end up with a Biden/Harris administration you'd start to see less 'need' for widespread testing.

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    For what it's worth, I'm glad ND ramped up its testing program with redundant tests to weed out false positives and negatives along with spit and nasal swab tests. Seems like the responsible thing for an institution to do if it has the resources to do it.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Wonder what else is killin' folks these days...........

Suicides and overdoses are up (being laid off and stuck at home watching daytime television)?

Skipping medical checkups.

General added stress due to change in routine.

Other bugs (the reg flu kills quite a few).

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Lots of people being forced to test over and over by their employers. Lots of hypochondriacs obsessing over testing. Lots of people being told by strangers on the phone that they must test because they had contact with so-and-so.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I don't know...perhaps hoping that there would be less useless jawboning by everyone​ about the same old things over, and over, and over, and over...

I see you're new here. Welcome to INGO where no dead horses are left unbeaten. :horse: :rockwoot:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know...perhaps hoping that there would be less useless jawboning by everyone​ about the same old things over, and over, and over, and over...

^^^THIS^^^ How many times can "Masks suck" and "No they don't" be rephrased? Has anyone's mind been changed?

iu

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I truly look forward to the day when this, the "To Mask or not to Mask" and the Coronavirus IV (or whatever it's up to now) can be locked for good. Give it a rest already...

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I truly look forward to the day when this, the "To Mask or not to Mask" and the Coronavirus IV (or whatever it's up to now) can be locked for good. Give it a rest already...

I agree but like many others I get sucked right back in. I have no self control. :alcoholic:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I look forward to the stupidity of the mask mandates being over, but we have had some great debates over mask wear. A lot of fun in a wuwho flu lockdown period...

Top Bottom