Indiana setting local homicide records year-after-year.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The "tying" homicide was just a couple miles north of me. The apartments where it happened have been pretty seedy for a long time, so wasn't all that surprised.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok, I'm hoping one (or more) of the LEOs in this thread can help out on this one:
    https://www.wthr.com/article/person-shot-while-driving-causes-overnight-morning-closures-i-465

I've been in and around Indy long enough to have a feel for where the risk areas are, and the risk-increasing behaviors. I don't do drugs, deal drugs, run drugs, or associate with people that do (as far as I know). I've watched the violence creep eastward towards my grandmother's house, but the center of gravity out there remains distant enough that there isn't a clear danger for her or my family members out there. (Other than the risks created by my family members who DO participate in the risk-increasing behaviors.)

But 2 cars shooting up someone on 465? I mean, I can't really avoid that. I've driven at that very spot hundreds, or thousands, of times over the years. Several dozen at about that same time of the evening.

I suspect this was still a targeted attack, rather than random. (At least, I hope so.) But, that type of thing creates an order of magnitude more risk for anyone else in the vicinity - both errant shots and that thing that happens when a driver suddenly tries evasive maneuvers or gets shot.

I guess I'm looking for some comfort that this kind of attack remains the anomaly. For a REALLY long time.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Targeted attack, 2am, thug lifestyle.

Ok, makes me feel a little better.

But... 465 isn't any specific group's "territory" right? Like, this isn't going to be a thing like Iranian nuclear scientists getting taken out in traffic, right?

(Yeah, your crystal ball is probably just as clear as mine.) ;)

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Crap like this isn’t about territory, it’s about finding the target and taking care of business. They give zero damns where the shenanigans occur.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Wonder how many of these deaths involved people who should have been in jail? I would like to know how us, as the people, get a point across to judges and prosecutors that these people need to be behind bars before they commit more crimes or kill others? It is no wonder people act like they do. I can show you so many people who have been in trouble and violation after violation they continue to be released. We the people have become the victims. We can organize people to protest for gay people, we can protest women being mistreated, we can protect the friggin climate.....but we are unable to organize groups to object to the sentences criminals receive. We should do better. We can do better. Someday, We will do better.

Lock them bastages up and throw away the key. Bring back chain gangs, do away with work releases, make them build the jail that houses them. Hold judges and prosecutors accountable when they cut these plea deals. If a judge releases a criminal that then kills a cop, the judge should go sit in the house the criminals built!

Is there a legal way to discuss this with prosecutors and judges? I have always been told it is illegal to contact them directly over this type of complaint. I would also like to have information on the success and repeat % of Hendricks County work release.....I am of the opinion that it is a waste of taxpayer money. Is this public information and can anyone demand it?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wonder how many of these deaths involved people who should have been in jail? I would like to know how us, as the people, get a point across to judges and prosecutors that these people need to be behind bars before they commit more crimes or kill others? It is no wonder people act like they do. I can show you so many people who have been in trouble and violation after violation they continue to be released. We the people have become the victims. We can organize people to protest for gay people, we can protest women being mistreated, we can protect the friggin climate.....but we are unable to organize groups to object to the sentences criminals receive. We should do better. We can do better. Someday, We will do better.

Lock them bastages up and throw away the key. Bring back chain gangs, do away with work releases, make them build the jail that houses them. Hold judges and prosecutors accountable when they cut these plea deals. If a judge releases a criminal that then kills a cop, the judge should go sit in the house the criminals built!

Is there a legal way to discuss this with prosecutors and judges? I have always been told it is illegal to contact them directly over this type of complaint. I would also like to have information on the success and repeat % of Hendricks County work release.....I am of the opinion that it is a waste of taxpayer money. Is this public information and can anyone demand it?

They are out of places to put them.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Its weird, that only Marion County has a hard time finding places for them. None of the Republican, donut counties seem to have a problem.
    This is a national problem, not just a Marion County problem. We have over 2 million people in jail in the US, and apparently have the highest rate of incarceration in the world.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Person by person, on an individual basis, society at large is moving away from being moral, religious and self regulating.
    So, yeah, of course the murder rate is going up.

Top Bottom