• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We had a little snow yesterday. I took the kids tubing.

Yeah snow!!

iedLjIM.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    View attachment 62779

6 inch’s or so with ice under it.
    Northern folk have to consider its not flat here we have very steep hills and hollows.
    Most folks down here has food and water stockpiled generators ect. it’s far more rural than the rest of the state.

This ^^^^ Having grown up in Ft Wayne area and now living in the southern hills and hollers. It's no joking matter. My dad, accustomed to driving in snow his whole life (the man plowed snow commercially for 3-4 decades), struggled back in early December when we got a small dusting while they were down visiting. The issue wasn't speed, knowledge, or capability, it was the fact that even a stopped vehicle would slide down the hill he was trying to traverse to make it to my driveway. He used the side-ditch, where viable, as a traction aid and made it down the hill going so slow the speedometer wouldn't register a speed. As he tried to turn into the driveway, the trailer he was towing attempted to continue going straight down the hill; if it were from the added traction of the stone driveway, and the super-aggressive tires on the truck, the trailer probably would have pulled him back out onto the road so he could continue down the hill backwards.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    I would have been okay with more snow.... I was ready to be snowed in for a while with my houseguest. Salma-Hayek-left-little-imagination-2000-My-VH1-Awards.jpg

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    George Wilson.
    Right behind the old farmstead.
    Wonderful place.
    Was in Atlanta on Wednesday.
    They shut everything down due to the snowpocalypse.
    Gov declared a snow catastrophy and they shut the airport, schools and businesses down.
    Got stuck there for the entire day while the snow melted off everything.
    Here is a picture from the sky tram at the airport of the horror of the blanketing snow over an untouched parking lot and the buried vehicles stranded there.
    IMAG4401.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Here is a picture from the sky tram at the airport of the horror of the blanketing snow over an untouched parking lot and the buried vehicles stranded there.

WOW! What is that? Like maybe a 1/2 or 3/4" of snow.;)

I have a friend who grew up smack dab in the middle of the lake effect belt who moved to Georgia a couple years ago. He said the other day his normal half hour commute was over 2 hours. They had a half inch of snow.:laugh:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Don't put the snowblowers away yet. Weather forecast calling for another heavy snow event on 6-8 Feb.

Yeah...I've got FB friends posting up stuff they're finding on some of the weather forecaster's sites that are saying we might get 10, 12, or more inches of snow. (Even though the weather guys are emphasizing these are just model extremes). Sometimes too much information is a bad thing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I don't remember the blizzard, but my life has been forever associated with the event (I turn 40 today)...

-rvb

Happy Birthday!

And you're seriously lucky to be alive. That storm was MAJOR. Wasn't just Central Indiana that had it rough. It was BAD from Iowa to Maine. 100 people perished.

Top Bottom