• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaronhall84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Scottsburg
    HEADLESSROLAND- "I have no questions and you have no answers" is kind of obtuse, but I respect your personal stance on preparation.

MUDCAT- No problem and thank you!

KMCINNES- Thank you but I not asking anyone to buy into anything, and does anyone like obama? Just because most of our members don't like obama that does not mean we are plotting to over throw the government and I wouldn't tolerate it if they did!

Take care everyone!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Hey Aaron, welcome to the forum. I'd have joined the forum and slowly came out with the whole militia thing, but that's just me.
    A while back someone posted a link to a Discovery Channel show that had a militia from Indiana featured. This morbidly obsese dude was in charge, that ain't ya'll, is it?

Also, if I lived in Scott County, I'd form a militia to deal with the meth-heads in Austin.

That's funny right there!!!! Sad but true! :D

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm glad to see someone talking about and answering questions and it being a civilized discussion... Compared to the other guy that we all know of from a while back...

As a general rule I agree with most of the ideals and missions of most militias, sadly just like gun owners there are some that make the rest look bad. From what I gather the group in discussion is like the Indiana guard reserve but is armed and can do more then just support. There are some good people in that group but there are also some complete tool bags.

Because of the stigma I think that's what scares most people away because many get rather in depth back ground checks at work or whatever and don't want things poping up. If it was under a different name other then militia then I would possibly consider it if i found the right group that is level headed ect ect. I understand the reasoning for keeping the name and I respect that.

CookieMonster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Why are all militia members always commanders and never corporals?

Actually, Arron is a little off on this. The only "Commanders" in the ISL are the 2 State officers at the very top (CO and XO), which are currently vacant. All other officers and positions of importance are "Leaders". The reasoning behind this classification is that we expect our "Leaders" to lead from the front and lead by example. Whereas the ISL is a volunteer group, and it's members can join or quit whenever they wish, the idea that they are under the "command" of someone isn't really the case. Our members follow the Leaders, rather than carrying out the dictates of a "Commander". The officer ranks in the ISL are strictly a means of telegraphing a scope of responsibility that a person has (Squad Leader, Platoon Leader, etc.).

CookieMonster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Hey Aaron, welcome to the forum. I'd have joined the forum and slowly came out with the whole militia thing, but that's just me.
    A while back someone posted a link to a Discovery Channel show that had a militia from Indiana featured. This morbidly obsese dude was in charge, that ain't ya'll, is it?

Also, if I lived in Scott County, I'd form a militia to deal with the meth-heads in Austin.

Lord No! This is not us. I was actually contact by the Discovery Channel to be apart of that show. We declined the offer, and based on the final product that came out, you can see why.

CookieMonster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    NE Indiana
    The link that you posted is just a reference to what one LTC has wrote there is nothing wrote in there stating that is our policy or way of thinking.

Actually, the LTC that you reference, he didn't write that. It was written by Mark Epstein. It was only copied and pasted to the website by that LTC.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    Nailed it as per usual, Dave.

The militia is everyone, hence no need to form up small groups.

This is what bothers me the most about this entire introduction:

"as we do not consider our rank structure to be formal until such time that it becomes necessary"

OP had me at hello and lost me at "we're definitely planning something, we just don't want to tell you what we think might happen or will happen."

I'd rather stand on this side of the prison wall. I can dress up in fatigues and haul my fatbody through the woods on my own time.

In the unlikely event that I am wrong in any degree about who you are and what you are about, apologies to you, OP, and :welcome: to :ingo:

Except:

I am going to go out on a limb and be as bold as I can possibly be without hypocritically becoming what I stand against.

We as a people of the United States of America, who live be the regulations of our Constitution; a document written to preserve our God given rights as human beings and as citizens of a country founded upon freedom and tranquility.

We have gone through our rights of passage via the Civil War and Revolutionary War.

We have progressed as a people, furthering technology and society.

And then all of a sudden, as with any civilization, there is a plateau.

We begin our detrimental downfall. We as a people become sheeple...sedentary, procrastinating, scared, appeasing....sheeple. And dare I say EVERYONE in some way or another are sheeple.

Why?

Because as society has progressed, future generations adopt the previous generations' insecurities and adaptations to political seizure of public rights.

This may be a shocker to a lot of you but guess what! We are surrounded by a vast majority of people who do NOT agree with our Constitution, nor with what our fore fathers gave their lives for to provide what we have today. This majority places more value on the technological provisions that bind them to the government they hypocritically despise, yet continue to support.

We as a people have become lazy and notoriously ill-mannered to our own rights. We have LET this happen and now we point fingers like our liberal friends. What makes us any better than them?

Here you might say I am an extremist and are probably wondering where I am going with all of this. So for the record, I am very proud of the American I am, as well as the Rights I am allowed. I am NOT some nutcase out there trying to raise an army. I AM however a proud citizen fed up with the current state of affairs.

How does this tie together?

Simple.

STOP the bashing on militia groups that try to help the community. For Christ's sake people, those that form these "groups", supervise them in this manner because it is a minority "think-tank". We are given the right to have a public wide militia that is supposed to come together in times of trouble. What do most of us do instead? Run and take care of ourselves because of some thought process that makes us think others who are less prepared are somehow inferior. Puh-lease. What makes us better than our self-righteous government then?

Because of the MASS, and I mean MAAAASSSSS MAJORITY of sheeple, those who actually want to do what is right, happen to fall in the category of those who are against what our officials see as lawful. Therefore we are in contention with law enforcement no matter the level. Therefore we are isolated as militia "groups" even though We as a People, Unorganized from the Federal Military, are actually part of the Constitutionally ALLOWED, Unorganized Militia.

Sorry if I pissed off some of you, but understand that I support our country and what it stands for. I Absolutely despise what it has become and the public that perpetuates it's continuing downfall. However, I am not one to rise and break the law unless it infringes on the safety of my family and those around me.

aaronhall84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Thank you COOKIEMONSTER for clarifying that, I am still so use to the military mindset. I should have conveyed that message to everyone. Glad you came and posted!

SPECTRE327- Well said buddy!

aaronhall84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Scottsburg
    If there are no more questions or inquiries I am going to close this thread, thank you all for your professional manner and comments and I hope that I showed you all that there are a few good people in your local militias! Take care!

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    If there are no more questions or inquiries I am going to close this thread, thank you all for your professional manner and comments and I hope that I showed you all that there are a few good people in your local militias! Take care!

Uhm, Ok. A few questions. Who has the authority to call up the militia? Who has the authority to commission officers of the militia? Who has the authority to train the militia? Who has the authority to regulate the militia?
    Who commissioned the officers of the ISOL? Who regulates the ISOL? Who trains the ISOL? Who activates the ISOL and calls them to duty? Who has authorized the formation of the ISOL?
    Has the Governor been informed of the formation of the ISOL? Has the Governor regulated, in any way, the actions of the ISOL? Has the Governor called the ISOL to act in any form or fashion during a declared emergency? What role has the ISOL played in safeguarding the State of Indiana?
    I am sure I will have a few more questions based on your answers.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    I'd much prefer to join a community action group, as opposed to a militia. The latter sounds like something that will get you put on an FBI watch list.

I've looked into several organizations in the past and can't help but feel like they are all just a bunch of excuses for grown men to play army on the weekends.

Although I see value in the training and preparations, I'd rather be aligned with a select group of trusted individuals that could pool resources and execute a survival plan in the event of an emergency. This idea of planning to save the world in a time of crisis seems far fetched. I'd much prefer to hunker down ad defend with friends than with strangers whom I'd classify as nut-jobs.

I still haven't found this group yet. Most of my friends think I'm nuts for keeping a couple extra cases of water in the garage or having a couple thousand rounds of ammo on hand at all times. I'm just looking for some people who have similar goals without going over the deep end. PM me if you know of a place I should be looking.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Am curious...you live in Indiana, but have an upstate NY phone number. Where were you living when you got this number? I had the misfortune to live in the Drum area for 8 1/2 MISERABLE years.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    low post count....
    shutting down when spying is confirmed
    using the M word

looks like prism is on this one. Hi Overlords!
    QUICK....hide the bombs, dismantle the Class III weapons systems, bury the thousands of rounds of ammo we have been hoarding for the last 6 months, and prepare to don tinfoil garments, we've been discovered!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom