• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Why kill it at all??? It's a house spider alright, which means it eats insect pests that 'bug' humans. Mosquitoes, flies, you-name-it...the spiders actually do us favors that we never even notice! Now, if she truly WAS monstrous in size...maybe she'd eat politicians and other large-sized blood-sucking pests instead of the tiny critters normal spiders eat. :rockwoot:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    img-nuke-it-from-orbit-830

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Unfortunately I get very close to those guys on a regular basis! I have one's just like that in my pool all the time, with the babies and all! When you smack them in the water, it doesn't kill them it just pushes them under and all the babies come off, looks like a bunch of ashes in the pool and the mamma is about half the size when she loses them! I hate spiders. I generally just push them towards the skimmer!

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Unfortunately I get very close to those guys on a regular basis! I have one's just like that in my pool all the time, with the babies and all! When you smack them in the water, it doesn't kill them it just pushes them under and all the babies come off, looks like a bunch of ashes in the pool and the mamma is about half the size when she loses them! I hate spiders. I generally just push them towards the skimmer!
    Nothing wrong with spiders.
    As long as they're outdoors.
    If they're inside my house they're DEAD!

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Nothing wrong with spiders.
    As long as they're outdoors.
    If they're inside my house they're DEAD!

I have to take care of them if they are in the pool! :runaway::runaway: When's the last time you saw a 3 yr old jump off a diving board and come face to face with one of these guys as soon as his head comes out of the water. I will admit it's pretty funny, almost as funny as watching my (just turned) 5 yr old run around the pool trying to "whack" it with a giant foam noodle!

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    From the look of that pic, I'd want a flame thrower.

WD40 and a Zippo is about the best I can do with that.

Kick, you beat me to it. That was the first thing I thought.

WD40 + Zippo = Poor Mans Flamethrower

I did this last year when I was working on my boat trailer and the ticks were everywhere in the gravel around me. I torched the ground.:D

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I believe those are baby spideys on her back

Ding, Ding, Ding! Anotha winnah:rockwoot:

I was sitting out in the garage one rainy afternoon with the big door up watching the weather when I spotted an approximately 2" across spider sitting under my trailer out on the driveway so I got my trusty benjamin .22 pellet pistol and dispatched her with the first shot. I know it was a "her" because when the pellet hit her it looked like about 10,000 baby spiders scattered out across my driveway. Note to self; next time go with the WD40 flamethrower.:n00b:

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    How did you get such a close up pic while standing on the chair? If that thing were in my house I'd freak out, probably burn the place down. Spiders are so dang creapy.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    My friend and I went shooting in the woods today and saw one just like this. It ran off too fast to get a good pic. As a mother, I must say that she is nuts to take care of that many kids! LOL!

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    My friend and I went shooting in the woods today and saw one just like this. It ran off too fast to get a good pic. As a mother, I must say that she is nuts to take care of that many kids! LOL!
    Maybe she was an eight legged Day Care Center and was watching other spider's kids while they were at work. :dunno:

:lmfao:

Top Bottom