• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    That looks like some wimpy, big city, spider and a girly one at that. Now here in the southern part of the state, we have real spiders!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I speak spider.

I know because every time I encounter one I hear it telling me
    how lonely and hard its life has been and that it would like me
    to end its suffering. I happily oblige, just part of my full service life philosophy. :yesway:

Viking Queen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Colorado
    A

Gave me the willies, big time.

Now my spidey story. Was having friend help me with changing out an electrical outlet and went to turn off the breaker. Moved a box to get to the electrical panel and jumped back three feet, nearly had heart attack at HUGE hairy spider - about the size of a goose egg. Went back to friend, hyperventilating and flapping my hands, clutching my chest barely able to tell him HUGE SPIDER, NEED HELP! I'm not usually one of those helpless females who runs for male help for this type of thing, I set my own mouse traps and empty them too, but friend did a huge eye roll and politely said he would take care of it. Upon getting a quick look at the creature, he yelled all kinds of unmentionalble words and jumped behind me saying "What the blankety blank blank are you going to do about that blankety blank blank thing!" Now it's my problem again. I think quick, grab the small canister vac with loooong wand attached and suck it up into vac, spidey holding on tight to the wall for a while. It barely fit up the hole. Stuff paper towel in end of vac and let it sit for a week.

Spidey must be dead by now. Go to vac out car trunk and vac not sucking well. Grab pliers to remove vac bag as I don't want to accidently touch dead GIANT spidey with my hands. Turn around to get new bag, turn back and GIANT spidey had run out of the bag and was 3 feet away. I apologized to him and squashed him with mop. Now have GIANT DEAD spidey and spidey guts to clean up. Did internet search and found out GIANT DEAD spidey was TARANTULA!! Didn't think we had them in COLORADO, but aparently we do. We still tell that story to friends. Like fishing stories the spider gets bigger every time we tell it. Really was HUGE!

Sheesh! I sympathize with your SPIDEY plight. I don't like them at all either! In any size...

Regards, Viking Queen

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Yep - wolf spider with siderlings.

Wolf Spiders

Scary but harmless. No, they are not tarantulas. Yes, we do have brown recluses and black widows in Indiana. But only in the southern half of the state, and they are uncommon even there.

Trying to talk arachnophobic people out of killing wolf spiders is usually futile, but the spiders are beneficial and harmless. Now if I could just get rid of all the thousands of cellar spiders in my basement. And calling it a basement hasn't helped...

You all need to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms2klX-puUU

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    When I was still doing my route for Verizon, one of my stops was in a rural area, in the middle of a corn field. I opened the door to the Office, and about 10 of those things, all close to 3 inches long, scattered. I didnt know they traveled in packs! *shudder*

Top Bottom