• BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Prayers for his loved ones.

From what I could gather, he was trying to lay down stop sticks to stop a car and the operator of the vehicle took a run at him.

At least two "suspects" in the stolen vehicle.

My wagering window is open.

I'll wager the driver of the vehicle is from a broken home without a father.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    "I'll wager the driver of the vehicle is from a broken home without a father."

If the driver has kids I would say they would be better off without him as a father. Jim.

Reactions: Leo

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

From what I could gather, he was trying to lay down stop sticks to stop a car and the operator of the vehicle took a run at him.

…and he was already known to impd and out on gps monitoring for another crime/case.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Prayers for family, extremely sad situation!

I'm sure the perp is a exemplary citizen and regular church attendee just wanting to have a little fun..

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Prayers for this Family.
    Why were the "3 occupants of the vehicle being pursued....transported to Indianapolis hospitals" & Not the Morgue??????
    (Rhetorical really)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    …and he was already known to impd and out on gps monitoring for another crime/case.

Any link? What kind of car? If it was a black or dark blue charger, I was in the area last night, close to the same time frame, and saw a car load of fatherless assholes weaving in and out of traffic and dangerously cutting people off, me included.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Any link? What kind of car? If it was a black or dark blue charger, I was in the area last night, close to the same time frame, and saw a car load of fatherless assholes weaving in and out of traffic and dangerously cutting people off, me included.
    I think he was just speculating... since he was quoting BigRed about them being from a broken home without a father.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Prayers for this Family.
    Why were the "3 occupants of the vehicle being pursued....transported to Indianapolis hospitals" & Not the Morgue??????
    (Rhetorical really)
    The fact they did not perish "resisting arrest" is proof of the professionalism of our law enforcement personnel.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    IMPD doesn't chase stolen cars anymore, so they'd have pulled over and let him go on this one, too.

Damn it burns me to see ISP losing their lives because Hog****, Mears, and IMPD can't/won't do their jobs.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Indiana State Police banner image

Indiana State Police Trooper Struck and Killed During Pursuit in Hendricks County​

Indiana State Police sent this bulletin at 06/29/2023 01:35 AM EDT
    Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.​
    State Police Header Image 3
    INDIANA STATE POLICE
    Indiana Government Center North
    100 N Senate Ave
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    www.in.gov/isp
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​
    Captain Ron Galaviz
    Chief Public Information Officer
    rgalaviz@isp.in.gov

June 29, 2023

Indiana State Police Trooper Struck and Killed
    During Pursuit in Hendricks County​

(Hendricks County, IN)- The Indiana State Police is mourning the loss of one of its own tonight as a result of a vehicle crash incident which occurred this afternoon on Ronald Reagan Parkway, north of I-70. The crash claimed the life of Trooper Aaron N. Smith, 33 years of age from Franklin, IN, who served with the Indiana State Police for nearly five years.
    The preliminary investigation by the Indiana State Police indicates that at approximately 8:40 p.m. this evening, Trooper Smith was assisting other troopers on Ronald Reagan Parkway with a pursuit of a stolen vehicle.
    Trooper Smith attempted to de-escalate that vehicle pursuit by deploying stop sticks. Trooper Smith was struck by the suspect vehicle and critically injured. Emergency medical care was rendered at the scene, and he was rushed to Eskenazi Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
    Trooper Smith is survived by his wife. Family notifications have been made.
    “This is a tremendously sad day for the entire Indiana State Police family. We will band together as we always do in support of Trooper Smith's family, friends and co-workers”, said Indiana State Police Superintendent Douglas G. Carter.
    The suspect driver involved in this incident, along with an adult and juvenile passenger were all transported to Indianapolis hospitals for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
    This is still an ongoing investigation. All findings will be turned over to the Hendricks County Prosecutor for review and determination of any further charges that may be filed.
    The Indiana State Police was assisted at the scene by the Plainfield Police Department, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, Plainfield Fire Department, and Troopers from neighboring Indiana State Police Putnamville Post.
    No additional information is available for release at this time.
    Aaron Smith
    Trooper Aaron N. Smith

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    IMPD doesn't chase stolen cars anymore, so they'd have pulled over and let him go on this one, too.

Damn it burns me to see ISP losing their lives because Hog****, Mears, and IMPD can't/won't do their jobs.
    Indeed, IMPD would not have been able to pursue. This poor Trooper did not loose his life because anything IMPD couldn't do ("won't" isn't even part of the equation). The 18yr old driver, 19yr old passenger, and a 15yr old reported runaway, all were from Missouri. It has nothing to do with the politics of Indy.

Top Bottom