• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Indeed, IMPD would not have been able to pursue. This poor Trooper did not loose his life because anything IMPD couldn't do ("won't" isn't even part of the equation). The 18yr old driver, 19yr old passenger, and a 15yr old reported runaway, all were from Missouri. It has nothing to do with the politics of Indy.

Well isnt that a breath of fresh air?

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Viewer discretion is advised. I only post this out of respect for Trooper Smith. Everyone should know his sacrifice and the BLATANT way he was murdered.

With that said, this will make your stomach turn.

I have nothing but respect for ISP. They are some of the last officers that can still enforce the law in central Indiana. In fact, they will continue ALONE after IMPD is told to terminate pursuit. Nothing hurts more than feeling like you're turning your back on another LEO.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Viewer discretion is advised. I only post this out of respect for Trooper Smith. Everyone should know his sacrifice and the BLATANT way he was murdered.

With that said, this will make your stomach turn.

I have nothing but respect for ISP. They are some of the last officers that can still enforce the law in central Indiana. In fact, they will continue ALONE after IMPD is told to terminate pursuit. Nothing hurts more than feeling like you're turning your back on another LEO.

Holy crap. That is horrific. The rage I am feeling right now is indescribable. Even channeling Big Red.

The professionalism of these remaining officers exercised by not at least Going Rodney King on that driver is telling.

They driver deserves the gallows by sunset tomorrow.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Holy crap. That is horrific. The rage I am feeling right now is indescribable. Even channeling Big Red.

The professionalism of these remaining officers exercised by not at least Going Rodney King on that driver is telling.

This ^^^^^ Public execution!

Prayers for all family and friends

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise

Yep. I was working and they asked us to block all the on ramps to i70 leading to Eskenazi. Nothing but anger last night and feeling helpless. IMPD took the ISP runs the rest of the night in Marion County. Least we can do. They do the same for us when we lose one.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    When the hell are they going to design stop sticks that you launch from a “gun”, like a bazooka style stun gun? This isn’t the first officer to be hurt or killed placing stop sticks. Won’t be the last with their antiquated design.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    When the hell are they going to design stop sticks that you launch from a “gun”, like a bazooka style stun gun? This isn’t the first officer to be hurt or killed placing stop sticks. Won’t be the last with their antiquated design.
    Or just give our guys bazookas to launch at the radiator. problem solved.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    50BMG with API, less potential for collateral damage.

I don't want to watch the video. I don't want to see what happened to a good man, and think about the feral human scum that remain alive.
    Meh. bazooka allows them to splash it off the deck in front and still be effective. :):
    You arent missing anything. it will only make your blood boil.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Rough to watch.

When I was trained on stop sticks I was taught to put them in one side of the road, then shelter behind a pole or tree, but not my car, on the other side. Then you jerk them out in front of the suspect car. I hope this trooper's sacrifice is not wasted and anyone teaching officers to get in the road and throw revisit their training practices. There is a safer way, please use it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Rough to watch.

When I was trained on stop sticks I was taught to put them in one side of the road, then shelter behind a pole or tree, but not my car, on the other side. Then you jerk them out in front of the suspect car. I hope this trooper's sacrifice is not wasted and anyone teaching officers to get in the road and throw revisit their training practices. There is a safer way, please use it.
    Agreed. But there just wasnt time/distance/cover for that. He died a hero putting himself out there.

Im just glad this happened outside Marion county. Those pricks would be out with a GPS monitor by now if they had made it to Indy.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I don't know what kind of training ISP teaches. But they had one pretty much exactly like this in, I believe, March of this year. I was taught (by none other than our very own Denny) to throw stop sticks from behind cover of our car, or like BBI said, something better. Now, if the suspect decides to ram the car, it's not like the officer is totally in the clear, but ramming a car vs ramming a human is less enticing and offers a tad bit more protection for the LEO. We were taught just like BBI and then shown how to use the car if no other cover is available.

However, I am a big advocate for PIT maneuvers for ending chases. Granted, interstate speeds aren't conducive for those. City streets are easier for PIT and opportunities for deployment of stop sticks are less likely in the city.

Top Bottom