• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Regardless of if you personally like Sears or K Mart, the fact that these Indiana stores are closing is bad news for the local economies.

www.searsmedia.com/tools/122711_close.pdf

K Mart -- St John, Indiana
    K Mart -- Pendleton Pike/Indianapolis, Indiana

Sears -- Anderson, Indiana

Earlier this week Sears announced that 120 Sears and K Mart stores would be closing. The list above only contains about 85 stores so its possible more Indiana stores may close. Dates for closing have not been announced.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Surprised that the Greenwood BigKmart didn't make the list.

Not complaining...we were just in there tonight (for returns!)

-J-

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I agree it is very sad to see them close. I remember a long time ago when you could buy firearms in Sears and K-mart. Those were the good old days.

What is also really sad for mechanics is that most of the Craftsman line of tools was really very good.

I also am really saddened to learn the K-mart on Pendleton Pike is slated to close. That store has a personal value for me.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    K Mart.....sigh...bought my very first gun at the K Mart in Mishawaka over 20 years ago. Marlin 60 WITH Tasco scope :rockwoot:. The M 1 Carbine in my safe now was bought at the same K Mart by my father after he got out of the army in the 1950's.
    Say what you want, K Mart still has some good products at reasonable prices.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I never understood this thing, must be the engineer in me. What bankster would say to Kmart "Ok, you're bankrupt, but Sears, although it isn't all that well, isn't, you know, bankrupt, so here's the money, have fun." Who approves this stuff? I could kind of understand Sears buying Kmart, but WTF? Nobody bought Monkey Ward.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    I think Anderson could support a Sears Hardware store, but the store in the mall is a joke. Now that I think about it, the Anderson mall is a joke. Malls don't usually have used bookstores and junk shops. I go there for the movie theater.

And Garfields! Both would do better to go to a stand-alone building. They're about all that brings people to the mall now.

winstonsmith84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Middletown
    And Garfields! Both would do better to go to a stand-alone building. They're about all that brings people to the mall now.

My kids do like scribbling all over the table.... I don't think their food is that great, but we usually go there before the movie.

I wonder if the real problem with Sears is the fact they they are located in malls when the trend in shopping has moved back to stand alone or strip mall type places. Who goes to the mall? I've not been ( except for Anderson to go to the movies) for probably 5 years. Even my wife has only gone once or twice a year.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I always liked Kmart, but when they built a new store here in Clarksville several years back, the new place totally sucked. When that store closed, I went there the last 3 or 4 days they were open, and got some crazy cheap bargains. I bought 16 Master combination locks for less than 20 cents each, and some assorted hand tools almost as cheap, I have several pictures hanging around the house that were framed, and cost maybe $2.00 ea. We carried several huge bags of stuff outta there and didn't spend $40.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I see the K-Mart in Portage is also on the list to close.

I'm surprised it lasted this long, what with a wal-mart right across the street.
    I remember driving by on black Friday, you couldn't get another car in the WM lot, the K-mart lot wasn't even half full.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Sears and the Craftsman line used to be GREAT!!! Now only handtools are made here in the states and the quality is way down.

Sadly they are killing themselves... I go to Kmart for one item and that is their Wrangler line of jeans very good quality and long lasting other then that won't miss Kmart or Sears..

Poor customer service, dirty stores, low quality products.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I was in the Portage Kmart the day after Christmas. I practically had to awaken the only cashier that was open. That was at 8:00 am. Went to the Wal Mart across the street, and had to stand in line with several cashiers open. I was actually surprised the Valpo store wasn't on the list. I think the only thing that saved it is the subsidized housing within walking distance of that store.

Top Bottom