• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Whether it is stated openly or not, wonder whether Amazon is considerate of their own good business sense along with that of their staffing?

Indiana:

- Right to work state
    - Mild minimum wage state
    - Relatively low taxation state
    - Mild cost of living state

...and OMG a state where pot is illegal and likely to stay so...

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    If you saw the previous post, disregard. INGO's post editor is a mess some times, especially with mulit quotes and links. grr..

I'll just shorten this to say it's not going to be Indy or Austin, and it won't be because some silly posturing about laws that seek to prevent the mainstreaming of mental disorders.

Woobie is right on the strategery and the number of genuine candidates. Three of the cities on Amazon's published list all basically amount to having a "HQ" (read "lobbying arm") in Washington DC: Northern Virginia, Hammond County MD, Northern Virginia, and DC itself. Those are the three finalists.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It's not going to be Indy, and I genuinely hope the city didn't spend much money trying to put a sales pitch together.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    They need to find talent that puts my damn same day Amazon packages on my porch instead of my neighbors. It's pretty bad when I know all of my neighbors by what their front porch picture looks like.
    Amazon drivers take a picture of the package sitting on the porch once delivered. You can look on your account and see the pictures. You'd think if they are focusing that much on it that they could learn to read numbers.
    If they pick Indy how the hell are they gonna find it? They might land in Cincinnati instead

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I know that some of you will not believe this Indy has by far the best traffic system.
    The intersections of I74,I69,I70,I65 and a large airport with cargo capacity are far more of a consideration than political matters.
    But Amazon seems to want electric cars and bike paths ect. ?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I know that some of you will not believe this Indy has by far the best traffic system.
    The intersections of I74,I69,I70,I65 and a large airport with cargo capacity are far more of a consideration than political matters.
    But Amazon seems to want electric cars and bike paths ect. ?

Also keep in mind that even though it is a HQ, Indianapolis is one of the great shipping hubs in the country. That whole "crossroads" thing is real and accurate. Companies love to have distribution in our great state.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Also keep in mind that even though it is a HQ, Indianapolis is one of the great shipping hubs in the country. That whole "crossroads" thing is real and accurate. Companies love to have distribution in our great state.
    Amazon has 7 distribution centers in Indiana. Not the MOST of any state, but certainly pretty high on the list. Of the Midwest and Eastern states, only Kentucky and Pennsylvania have more. And, they are not being considered for HQ2.
    https://blog.taxjar.com/amazon-warehouse-locations/

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I thought our bigoted social climate was going to force all the good employers to stay away?

Or, maybe our Hoosier Hospitality, low cost of living, and pretty darned good local talent pool are enough to bring in the big guns.

I thought we were out of the running bc of our lack of pub transportation
    We are 1 of 20? I doubt we will get it. Unlikely we were EVER in the running. Who knows, maybe I'm all wrong.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    This is an HQ, not a distro site. Things like major airport hub are going to be way high on the list compared to things like social justice warrioring or product distribution; leadership tends to hop around to the other facilities quite often.... Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago I would assume be top of the list for that reason alone.

-rvb

Top Bottom