• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Increasingly, this is like saying Novi or Dearborn is not Detroit. When you drive between those cities, it's a difference without much of a distinction.
    The doughnut counties/cities like to be thought of as "Indianapolis" when it comes to making money. When it comes to crime they trip over each other to distance themselves from Indy, " We are not Indy, that kind of stuff doesn't happen here in ...(Fishers, Carmel, Greenwood, Greenfield, Avon, ect)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The doughnut counties/cities like to be thought of as "Indianapolis" when it comes to making money. When it comes to crime they trip over each other to distance themselves from Indy, " We are not Indy, that kind of stuff doesn't happen here in ...(Fishers, Carmel, Greenwood, Greenfield, Avon, ect)

The Golden Ghetto proudly maintains its sovereignty from the Indy, and the the donut pretenders.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I'm sure you're right. I hear the same sort of stuff from folks from not-Detroit.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Do you think if Amazon moves here we might lose Indiana gun culture because the city of Indianapolis will grow in density and shift the state toward more leftist policies?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Please, no. The last thing I want is for housing costs to explode and a bunch of Amazon jerkoffs to come swarming into the state expecting to bring the West Coast's oppressive restrictions with them.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    The rumor was that the reason Holcomb was pushing hate crime laws after that spray painting thing in Carmel (or where ever it was) was to make IN look more appealing to Amazon.

That plus the AG Hill incident and he has already lost my vote in his next primary.

Last edited:

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The rumor was that the reason Holcomb was pushing hate crime laws after that spray painting thing in Carmel (or where ever it was) was to make IN look more appealing to Amazon.

That plus the AG Hill incident and he has already lost my vote in his next primary.

Wow. When politicians get involved in stuff like that it just makes the problem worse. Most of the time it has nothing to do with hate its just stupid bored kids doing stupid things because it gets attention. When it makes the news and everyone's outraged about it it feeds the problem.

Ark said:
    Please, no. The last thing I want is for housing costs to explode and a bunch of Amazon jerkoffs to come swarming into the state expecting to bring the West Coast's oppressive restrictions with them.

Yeah that's how I feel about it. Just more crowds downtown, price and tax inflation, and the big city problems I wanted to get away from when I left Chicago! Plus Bezos will be throwing money around here now to influence the political climate like he does in both Washingtons.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    We have bid the new Amazon facility... Looks like Greenwood might be the winner. New facility possibly planned for I65/Worthsville road area.

MontanaAreaCode

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Noblesville
    Great now Jeff Bezos is gonna have Alexas all over the state, listening to our conversations, flyin drones over my house. You think a drone knows what birdshot is? Fly one over my house it'll figure out real quick.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Please no no no no.

This. Our perfect outcome is for them to choose somewhere else, but smaller, less douche-y companies might say "What? Amazon had them on the short list? Lets check them out because they have to be pretty good for that."

We would be better served for 50 multi-million dollar companies coming in than one (multi?) billion company.

After all, what happens when somebody un-seats Amazon? Thats a LOT of jobs lost. Eggs in one basket and all...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can't find a link, but WTHR is reporting that Amazon is building a new facility in Greenwood. Not HQ2 but another distribution center or something. Supposed to bring 1000+ jobs.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/ocasio-co...135522664.html
    Ocasio-Cortez Claims New Yorkers Are ‘Outraged’ Over Opening of New Amazon Headquarters

Holy crap!
    I actually agree with her.... a bit.
    I disagree with municipalities giving tax breaks to individual businesses.
    Give it to all, or none.

On the other hand.
    All those PEOPLE WITH JOBS will pay taxes, which will go towards fixing that crumbling infrastructure she's talking about.
    If Amazon goes someplace else, then it takes with it ALL THE TAXES that would have been paid.

Top Bottom