Indianapolis proper: where are the nice parts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've never understood this. I haven't been everywhere, but as far as mid-large sized US cities, Indy is a walk in the park.:dunno:

I've walked pretty much everywhere in Indy, including downtown at night and the suburbs.
    Same for other cities in Indiana and Chicago on foot also at night.
    Never felt unsafe even though I've met some shady folks in some areas.

If you're nice to folks they are usually nice to you.I've talked to stranger from all walks of life while wandering int he city, never had a problem.

The way you carry yourself is more important than what you carry, and if folks sense that you're not afraid of them they won't bother you.

:twocents:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Duh. Trader's point area. (West side, 71st north to the county line, as far west as 465...) Speaking of, have you called your mother recently? :):

I can’t believe I forgot Traders Point.

I did call mother on Sunday. We talked for a half hour or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Good info I can't easily gain from googling. Thanks!

Need to look up an ethnicity map to figure out where to get some good food.

Good Restaurants are even more scattered than good neighborhoods. You can pretty much find whatever you want, with the exception of really good Tex-Mex, but you'll have to drive if you like a variety.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    All of the people that say there are no nice parts in Indy are the same ones that are too scared to visit Indy.
    I visit Indy a lot, you know that, but I always head West, back to the Promised Land outside of 465 when I’m done!;) We WILL build the Raceway Road Wall, and make all you inner donuters pay for it!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Things change quickly in this thread.

And so to in the restaurant biz. As I recall Santorinis was supposed to close when the founders wanted to retire. Then somebody bought them out and kept it open. That only lasted a couple years and they recently closed for good.

I'm not even sure if there are any greek restaurants here anymore. The Acropolis also closed several years ago.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You need to travel 100 miles away from the center of Indy to find nice parts.

hilljacks.jpg

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Wouldn't that just put you in Cincinnati/Louisville/Evansville/Gary/FortWayne (delete as applicable)?

Although Cincinnati is the closest, none of those are within 100 miles of Indy. Evansville is much closer to 200 miles(as someone who makes that drive semi-regularly it seems even farther) and Gary is pushing 160.

Top Bottom