Indianapolis proper: where are the nice parts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I like the country.

I like the city.

Good and bad everywhere.

You're right.
    Country living can be dangerous....

Y0AsnCV.jpg

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    Although Cincinnati is the closest, none of those are within 100 miles of Indy. Evansville is much closer to 200 miles(as someone who makes that drive semi-regularly it seems even farther) and Gary is pushing 160.

Okay, granted, my geography is a little off. Still, if the goal is to be as far removed as possible from any urban influence, why would the metropolitan area of City X be any better than that of City Z?
    And if you really want to be particular about it, it's not so much the physical distance that's important as is the travel time. For instance, anywhere along the I-74 corridor might as well be a suburb of Indianapolis or Cincinnati, whichever's closer, because it's so easy to get back and forth. Whereas take a town like Madison, which is roughly equidistant and physically closer to both Cincy and Louisville, but there's no good way to get to either; thus it retains a distinct culture. And I'm sure the historic district helps.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    If you are looking for good Mexican food try Taco Express on Pendelton Pike. Small place but good authentic food.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    And so to in the restaurant biz. As I recall Santorinis was supposed to close when the founders wanted to retire. Then somebody bought them out and kept it open. That only lasted a couple years and they recently closed for good.

I'm not even sure if there are any greek restaurants here anymore. The Acropolis also closed several years ago.

There is still Greek Islands on South Meridian.

Top Bottom